Am I seeing things?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EatMyShortsRacing

I dont think I am seeing things..... Are the rear sponsons (or ride pads) are plainly different on the rear of this boat????

u8sling.jpg

I dont think I am seeing things.....  Are the rear sponsons (or ride pads) are plainly different on the rear of this boat????
Sure, and why shouldn't they be? The shoes are only in contact with the water during turns whan the boat is slower and is effectively sliding through the turn. The right shoe must have a non-trip surface so the boat slides smoothly. The left shoe is less critical - I assume that because both boats have similar setups the idea works well. This general idea has been used on many successful R/C hydros in the past.

Do you have a better shot of the Bud? That photo is not opening up enough to see the whole transom, just the wing. Thanks. What year Bud is that btw?

Hey Craig,

Is that Paul Stirton flying that boat?

Just having fun with you. I bet he was sore the next day? :eek:

Mark Sholund

That shot was not photo shopped. I was about 1/8mile away from the worlds fastest Forensic psycologist when he did that 360. Smacked back down and kept going; almost to the pits before he thought better of it. I cleared the debris field and kept a piece for me :D

Adam

EatMyShortsRacing said:
Now here notice the difference in the aerodynamics on each side of the cockpit....  seems the wing section on the left hand side is smaller than the right hand side....

75602[/snapback]

Craig,

The bull noses of these newer style boats are basically caps that can be replaced. Most teams have a variety of sizes and shapes on hand to experiment with.

EatMyShortsRacing said:
Now here notice the difference in the aerodynamics on each side of the cockpit....  seems the wing section on the left hand side is smaller than the right hand side....
75602[/snapback]

The center section is offset to one side with an extender cap on the leading edge. The've been doing this for a while now but seems the difference is questionable. B)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back