Also, Andy Brown is fighting email hackers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christophe

Today I received the exact email like Stu, but from Andy Brown:

Donna shared "Payment Details.pdf" with you"

I delete It...

after i tryed to open it i then deleted it prob SCREWED up ????
Rick,

Disconnect your computer from the network and run a "total" scan on your computer using the very latest virus updates. It should clean your system if it was infected.

I heard Home Depot Hacker Stole more than 50 million info from email address and credit cards ( paypal, MC, Visa and home depot credit) )
default_blink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The virus could possibly attack any computer on the network

That is why Ron said to disconnect the computer you opened the pdf on from the network
Yes. It will also keep the virus from transferring your private information to their computer or server. Most of these viruses simply install a "keylogger" scrypt that runs in the background. It will send keyboard entry reports back to the hacker. This gives them your email, bank, online shopping, and other login and password information they can use to hack your email and transfer funds. A simple program such as this hides itself within document code and instals itself when you click on the document to open it. Then, every keystroke you make going forward will be recorded and forwarded.

I had a computer virus earlier this year, what a pain. It's pretty scary to think someone has access to emails and what they can do! It's possible they can infect any computer on your internet and don't forget disconnecting any removable hard drives. Apple iPads and iPhones are safe unless you used jailbreak to run nonapple software.

In addition to talking with my antivirus software support, Another good source I used and is very helpful is a free website askleo. He is a retired microsoft programmer and covers a lot on prevention and what to do to fix your computer. He has an article on email hacked which is good. It is located at http://askleo.com/hacked . He has links near the bottom of the article which links to other related topics.

In addition to my antivirus software, I found nearly everyone I talked with, microsoft, linksys, etc..., the first thing they had me run was a free software called malware bytes. It supplements your antivirus software. It can find things on your computer that the antivirus can't . It can also be run in chameleon mode (download separately) which will load it first, so viruses can get loaded first. The only difference between the paid version and the free version is that the free version you must manually start by pressing the icon. You can check this out at https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/.

I hope this helps so we can get back to writing articles and building boats! Good luck!

My computer is very important to me. If I have something like this happen I try the simple fixes, if they don't work the I just do a full hard drive format and start over..... keeps the pc clean for sure

I would recommend you still change your email passwords on a known clean computer. See the link in my previous posting for the link to ask Leo.

Even if you don't think you're infected, you may be infected and the hacker may be accumulating info, downloading emails and/or reading emails coming in. When you think they have access to all of your emails and the contents in those emails, you realize how vulnerable you are! They can identify new emails coming in and accounts linked to that email account including accounts you're changing passwords on. They could even change a password on one of your accounts, delete the email, and empty it from the trash.

Back