Air Dam for Dunlap 27

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

29tunnel

Hi

Can anyone tell me what is the function and location of an air dam for the Dunlap 27 The plan supplies a template for this part but there is no mention of this part in the plan booklet. Also, how much lead weight should I put in the sponson tips before I sheet them? Now just one more question, what is the transom recess 1 1/2" or 1 1/4" for an O.S.engine? Thanks----Don

Let's see if I can help ?? The air dams go on the inside of the front sponsons and the rounded and notched end go's on top of the center section, the bottom of the notch butts the face of the center section . Lead ; 2 oz. in each tip, 4 oz total. Transom insert for K&B 3.5ss 1" using dubro mount, OS & TT 1 1/2 "

If I am wrong someone will correct me !!

While I have your attention , Get you a set of the WOF 28 / 30 plans from Jerry !! It's AWESOME !!!!

W.B's info is correct. If more lead is needed, it can be inserted into the nose of the cowling using lead shot and epoxy and setting the cowl in a downward postion while the epoxy cures.

Jerry D.

Is the air dam necessary for this model to be competitive. Thanks for any replies-Don

"No."

I add them more for scale appearance than performace gains. The basic idea is to help channel air over the center section. Very few model tunnel boats have them.

Jerry D.

Back