after run suggestions/ opinions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We use wd sprayed in through needle and marvales mystery oil sprayed in through needle until you get red oil on paper towel comeing out of plug hole
Guys,

Never use paper towels when flushing out an engine. When the towels get wet they come apart and pieces will be sucked into the engine through the plug hole. Then you must tear down the engine to get the pieces out. Always use a cloth or a catch bottle and then you will never have this problem. Seen it many times happen and once was enough for me. Actually saw a tiny piece get into the fuel carb and the racer chased his tail for a good while before he found the small piece of towel in the carb inlet.

The o-rings can swell as much as they want as far as Im concerned, but silicone ramps that will get sent through your engine...No thanks.

I have an AA21 that I put Marvel in when I first got it. The ramp swelled so much that the silicone began rubbing on the case where it goes through the bottom of the crank (theres a small spot directly below the ramp that goes through the crank, I think its to help hold it in place). On a nova you probably wouldnt notice until it popped out as the crank is not setup this way.

I've seen a loose Nova silicone ramp act like a flap on the inlet window when spinning and stop the engine from running. Once it was removed, engine ran just fine!

I just use ATF thinned with a little mineral spirits. In all honesty, it probably doesn't really matter as long as you run the fuel dry and use some type of oil that won't wreck any of the materials.

I always remove the eng from the boat to clean after running it.

First I spray the eng down inside and out with CRC electric motive. then I fill the eng with it thew the ex port and spin the eng at BDC to rinse out the bearings. Will hold the eng nose down and fill the back side of the flywheel also to clean the front bearing.

Take the eng and bring it to TDC and put a blow gun in the plug hole. This will spin the eng like it is running.

Now fill the eng with Spray on 711(no silicates) and repeat. finally if it will sit for a long time some non detergent 20w oil and repeat.

Don't forget about the front bearing and the water jacket it needs some love to.
Does the love thing mean U bring to bed with U at nite, rub it's case and tuck it in with U?

dick

I always remove the eng from the boat to clean after running it.

First I spray the eng down inside and out with CRC electric motive. then I fill the eng with it thew the ex port and spin the eng at BDC to rinse out the bearings. Will hold the eng nose down and fill the back side of the flywheel also to clean the front bearing.

Take the eng and bring it to TDC and put a blow gun in the plug hole. This will spin the eng like it is running.

Now fill the eng with Spray on 711(no silicates) and repeat. finally if it will sit for a long time some non detergent 20w oil and repeat.

Don't forget about the front bearing and the water jacket it needs some love to.
Does the love thing mean U bring to bed with U at nite, rub it's case and tuck it in with U?

dick
NO the wife is jellous enough. <_<

I just dream about them. :wub:

I get motors that are treated with every thing imaginable,including corrison x,and it doesn't matter what you use ,if you don't get all the alky,nitro,and water out they will still rust
I think it may have been Gary Preusse used to run the engine in the pits at the end of the day on a mixture of alky and oil.
that is why i run mine at the end of the day on 33% oil & alky. i just can"t imagine that spinning the engine over & spraying it out with what ever will remove the burnt oil, nitro & water that is inside as effectively as running it & building HEAT. fatten it waaay up, fast idle, let it run for a few minutes. remove fuel line, let it run out. piston down, let it sit - you are done. all contaminents are removed, the alky that doesn't burn out will evaporate in a hot engine very quickly, leaving you with 33% oil. believe me, THAT'S A LOT. my engines are dripping in oil, & it's everywhere stuff gets when the engine ran, 'cuz that's how it got there. i use byron's 95% synthetic/5% castor mix up a quart at a time. i use a 6 oz. tank, couple lines, just hook it up to pipe & carb, set it next to the boat. i can do 4 .21 engines on about 4 oz. of after run mix. another huge benefit is no blowing the engine out to start it next time
default_smile.png
!! the oil seems to light off better than most "normal" after run brews. i was shown this method by chris wittrig & jimmy johnson. only way i pickle engines, even during almost 5 months of down time here. been doing it for almost 4 years, less bearing issues than anything else i've done, clean inside, too
default_cool.png
I second what you do. I started to run my engines with the alky and heavy oil mix and it seems to work great. The only thing extra I do is to use the glow plug adapter with a piece of tubing, turn it over with starter and add additional oil through carb fitting. I then let it cool down and oil the water jacket. Work great for me.

Albert

Latest posts

Back