• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

AFI Racing Member

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_smile.png
Good Job AG!

I have been in touch with Steve a few times now, even with my 3 days off a week - there never seems to be time , not from my end I might add
default_happy.png

Him working in port Charlotte and a certain tunnel supposedly in the trailer , I urge a certain someone to make the ride and go get his boat, its close to you, certainly cheaper in gas money than shipping.

I have also been advised he has sent pm's to someone down under ( kenlee) to make arrangements for the rest.

There is your update.

If any of you guys get a response from the lovely Steve Hearl would it be possible to ask him to reply to my many pm's and emails please?

Thanks guys.

Norm,

Woooooo 11 pages of **** and no one has there stuff.Are we going to let people like this on this forum to rip people off.

Woooooo 11 pages of **** and no one has there stuff.Are we going to let people like this on this forum to rip people off.
What can we do? Run a background check before granting forum access? Steve has been on IW for quite a few years, with no issues that I'm aware of until this series of screwings. Maybe we can run a psychological exam on everyone every 6 months? It's one of those "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men" things. We try to deal with folks we know & trust, people that have a good track record.....but, obviously, people change. It truly SUX, but it is a reality of the human race. What would your thoughts be on how to prevent it, Dave? Honestly I have no practical ideas, but I'm sure we all are open to suggestions.

I'm sure 99.9% of you would pass a dignity and character test, I know one member that would fail dismally.

What can we do? Run a background check before granting forum access? Steve has been on IW for quite a few years, with no issues that I'm aware of until this series of screwings. Maybe we can run a psychological exam on everyone every 6 months? It's one of those "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men" things. We try to deal with folks we know & trust, people that have a good track record.....but, obviously, people change. It truly SUX, but it is a reality of the human race. What would your thoughts be on how to prevent it, Dave? Honestly I have no practical ideas, but I'm sure we all are open to suggestions.
One easy thing they could do is make a rule against paying PayPal as a gift. It you actually use PayPal the way it is intended, (select purchasing goods or services) they will insure the transaction, which is the reason for the 3% fee that people are trying to avoid by sending the money as a gift.

Good suggestion, Gregg. That would help eliminate issues for SOME of the members here. But what about people that don't use or accept PayPal? I'm one of those people, & I like to think I am as honest and reliable as anyone here. The only way your idea would be effective is to require everyone to use PayPal. I have had a PayPal account & had nothing but issues. After opening the account, I didn't use it at all for about 8 months. Paypal debited my bank account for $72 for "fees" with no explanation, took a lawyer to get my money back. Then the account was hacked to the tune of over $300 dollars. Again, PayPal had to be threatened by my bank's attorney to repay my bank - who had already refunded my money - even though it was not the bank's responsibility to repay me. My bank account has been hacked 3 times at 2 different banks through debit cards, so now all I have is basic checking & savings. Sorry for the long post, but these are the reasons I will NEVER mix my money & the internet. I pay with only USPS money orders & accept only the same or a check. There are more than a few on IW who will not use PayPal also. Would this mean we would be denied buying or selling here? Not acceptable, to me at least.

Good suggestion, Gregg. That would help eliminate issues for SOME of the members here. But what about people that don't use or accept PayPal? I'm one of those people, & I like to think I am as honest and reliable as anyone here. The only way your idea would be effective is to require everyone to use PayPal. I have had a PayPal account & had nothing but issues. After opening the account, I didn't use it at all for about 8 months. Paypal debited my bank account for $72 for "fees" with no explanation, took a lawyer to get my money back. Then the account was hacked to the tune of over $300 dollars. Again, PayPal had to be threatened by my bank's attorney to repay my bank - who had already refunded my money - even though it was not the bank's responsibility to repay me. My bank account has been hacked 3 times at 2 different banks through debit cards, so now all I have is basic checking & savings. Sorry for the long post, but these are the reasons I will NEVER mix my money & the internet. I pay with only USPS money orders & accept only the same or a check. There are more than a few on IW who will not use PayPal also. Would this mean we would be denied buying or selling here? Not acceptable, to me at least.
If you pay by sending funds through the mail you can use the postmaster general to get your things back. When they get involved things happen quickly.

One easy thing they could do is make a rule against paying PayPal as a gift. It you actually use PayPal the way it is intended, (select purchasing goods or services) they will insure the transaction, which is the reason for the 3% fee that people are trying to avoid by sending the money as a gift.
LOL! Paypal's fees are purely for profit, they are in the business to MAKE MONEY and that is what they do, so much in fact the IRS wants a piece of it in the form of transaction taxes. That's also why Ebay bought Paypal and now requires you to accept Paypal as payment on their sales. Ebay now averages well over 10% in fees on every transaction between what they collect as Ebay and what Paypal collects. The no fees to friends/family was feel good bone tossed out as it affects less than 1% of total Paypal transactions. I've asked people I have history with to send payment as friends, there are plenty of I/W members on here who I consider friends even though we've yet to meet face to face. If someone is going to willfully screw you over they'll find a way to do it regardless of how they got paid and using Paypal is no guarantee either. I got shafted by a well known internet hobby shop that still exists to this day, never received an order and they strung it out long enough for the Paypal coverage time to expire. Honestly and integrity is something that we all take for granted until we get screwed over. Yeah this situation sucks for those on the losing end but it is NOT going to make us change how we do things here on I/W. For every "bad" transaction we have hundreds if not thousands of good ones. There will always be bad apples, it's called life.......................

Agreed with Don, I have been hit by one called "Fine Marine" who claimed that they waited for factory delivery for the order of a large FE motor & ESC and hanged on long enough to pass Paypal coverage time, and I never receive anything from them nor even a tracking number, not even answering my enquiries any more.

But, most of the people I dealt with on IW are generally good even payment as friends.

Agreed with Don, I have been hit by one called "Fine Marine" who claimed that they waited for factory delivery for the order of a large FE motor & ESC and hanged on long enough to pass Paypal coverage time, and I never receive anything from them nor even a tracking number, not even answering my enquiries any more.

But, most of the people I dealt with on IW are generally good even payment as friends.
if you are paying P/P with a credit card you can make a claim even after the P/P time, you just call your bank tell them you didn't received anything and they do a reverse charge and you get your money back. Never have P/P withdrawing money from a bank account.

It all goes both ways if I buy a boat from you and say I did not get it even if I did paypal will take your money right away. Then if you can prove it went to my house and not the neighbors you get the funds back. Bottom line is trust who you buy or sell to or dont do it

if you are paying P/P with a credit card you can make a claim even after the P/P time, you just call your bank tell them you didn't received anything and they do a reverse charge and you get your money back. Never have P/P withdrawing money from a bank account.
Too bad, I was not pay through credit card at that time.

Like I said, others I dealt with through here are very good people.

I have no business here but like to make a comment, what about good old cash on delivery? I think that service still being offered by most shippers.

Latest posts

Back