Aeromarine Sport 21 or 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayt

Has anyone been running an Aeromarine Sport 21 hull? I've been running mine as a P Sport Hydro in FE heat racing and have been pleasantly surprised at how well it performs. The botom design is pure 1980s, but so far at least mine has not only shown great speed (mid-50s in a short-course heat with a conservative setup) but also an ability to handle rough water. Great acceleration out of the turns and for such a narrow tunnel it corners pretty well. I'm still optimizing the turn fin and strut depth.

I will be building an AM Shadow Sport 40 in the next few months to run in Q Sport Hydro. Any experiences with either hull - nitro or FE - is appreciated. :)

10emvx0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No one has experience with Aeromarine Sport Hydros they want to share?

Update: the Aeromarine Sport 21 runs very well in P Sport Hydro competition. Set up with 4S2P LiPo power and a Neu 1521/1.5D it runs high 50s in oval heat racing. As built the boat did have too much lift even with an air dam across the front of the tunnel, so I cut off the air traps from the sponsons back. Made a major difference in how the boat runs, now it is still light on the water but no more excessive lifting issues (without an air dam). GPS in yesterday's heat was 58.3 mph on a short 1/8th mile course. It is visably faster on the longer 1/6th mile course.

I would recommend anyone with this hull to either cut off the air traps like I did, or order one from Aeromarine without the traps. I will do the same mod to my Shadow hydro too - wish I had known this before I ordered it.

hey guys

I have a aeromarine sport 40,runs around 52mph with all the weight it takes to keep it down. air traps cut back?? any pics? Also what props are ya'll running?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Tim Jones

Update: the Aeromarine Sport 21 runs very well in P Sport Hydro competition. Set up with 4S2P LiPo power and a Neu 1521/1.5D it runs high 50s in oval heat racing. As built the boat did have too much lift even with an air dam across the front of the tunnel, so I cut off the air traps from the sponsons back. Made a major difference in how the boat runs, now it is still light on the water but no more excessive lifting issues (without an air dam). GPS in yesterday's heat was 58.3 mph on a short 1/8th mile course. It is visably faster on the longer 1/6th mile course.

I would recommend anyone with this hull to either cut off the air traps like I did, or order one from Aeromarine without the traps. I will do the same mod to my Shadow hydro too - wish I had known this before I ordered it.

Byron,

I have an Aeromarine 7liter sport 20, like my signature said its under revision.

I use to run a .21 CMB LS and was running 40mph, it was not a rocket but with a better 21 it would be.

I agree, the hull handled extremely well in rough condition.

Dan.

Back