Aeromarine Collet for CMB 1.01/Alpha 27

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackout

What's the thread size on a CMB 1.01? I hear the CMB 1.01 and CMB Alpha 27cc take the same collet. I want to order a Aeromarine collet for my CMB Alpha, but Aeromarine lists no thread size for their CMB 1.01 collet.

Makes sense? I'm confused as I reread it....
default_smile.png

Thanks for any input on CMB Alpha collets!

I'm going to go square drive by the way.

Mark Grim told me the 1.01 would fit, but I just wanted to confirm. I was kinda disappointed that Aeromarine does not put thread sizes on their website for their collets....

believe thread size 8mm are you look square drive? contact to Lenny Blade or Jeff Michaud both they know "Gas Engines" Good Luck !

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm that the 1.01 & Alpha are the same thread size.

What strut/stub/bushing set up are you using for the square drive?

I can confirm that the 1.01 & Alpha are the same thread size.

What strut/stub/bushing set up are you using for the square drive?
I'm building a Zippkit Envy which has a center ski. I will be using their Z-strut so there is no room for a flex ferrule. I will need to have a square drive cable made to my exact length and then run a "shaft saver" with thrust bearing on the shaft in the engine bay to keep the shaft from falling out. Obviously I will run a thrust bearing at the Z-strut as well. And most likely TIG weld some added support to the Z-strut as it will be subject to forces that it was not originally designed for.

Back