Aeromarine challenger 21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony_marquart

I have an Aeromarine Challenger21 that I actually owned years ago. It hasn't been run since.

It's set up for subsurface drive like the old boats. I am wondering if I can change this to surface drive. If I do can I expect much better performance? Is it worth it?

It also hooks pretty bad in the corners. What would you guys recommend for that?

I had a 21pro glass mono that was set up for sub surface, I changed it to surface drive and it ran great.

Bob

I have an Aeromarine Challenger21 that I actually owned years ago. It hasn't been run since.
It's set up for subsurface drive like the old boats. I am wondering if I can change this to surface drive. If I do can I expect much better performance? Is it worth it?

It also hooks pretty bad in the corners. What would you guys recommend for that?
When the shaft was under the boat the mfger had a spec prop for the hull design for a paticular Lift. Now that you want to move the shaft inside the hull (surface drive) You will Not lift the rear as high Now with the same prop. This will change the Nose attitude on the hull. You may have to go to a higher lifting prop such as a Hydro prop?? Most of the hull mfgers had differnt molds for Surface Drive & NON- surface (subsurface). the diff was the breaking point on the bottom of the hull. This is the front pivot point the boat steers from. Sub surface boats had a longer bottom riding surface. Surface drive boat molds had a shorter bottom ride surface. Now if the boat has (HOOK in the bottom rear @ transom)? None of this applies. But I believe the Aeromarine 20 was pretty much flat.

Latest posts

Back