Adding extra oil to off the shelf nitro fuel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derrick Stewart

I got a great deal on a few gallons of 30% nitro car fuel but it only has 11% oil in it

I want to know how much caster to add to it so I can safely use it for my boats

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow your going to get a million different responses with this question, probably because there is a million different options lol :D

To be safe, well you have 11% so just add 7% castor then you'll be good to burn it up on the H20......... ;)

Oh Man what did I do!

I added the caster as per the above link

I took the boat out today with the added caster oil in the fuel

To make a long story short the motor kept over heating there

seemed to be excess oil every where.Kept burning out glow plugs

and now I cant turn the motor over at all

Its seems like I add too much oil BUT I followed the directions to a tee

I added 9 oz of castor to my 1 Gallon 30% nitro-12%castor fuel

Have I fried my motor?

What Happend???

when you take the glow pug out the motor can you turn it over by hand or starter ??

having extra oil does not break your motor..

Are you running enough water thru it ?

how old is your fuel?

do you have a broken water line?

good bearings?

when you pull the throttle on the stand does the motors cleans out quick and goes really high pitch?

is your drive shaft broken??

i currently run 60% notro and 18% oil content and i add 40z of klotz KL100 to every gallon of fuel and i also run the same fuel on my 21 motors and i have no issues at all..

julian

The fuel is new

I cant turn it by hand when the glow plug is out

Didnt even get it in the water but Im sure the water line is fine

Pretty sure the drive shaft is ok

Didnt seem to want to clean out quickly

Not sure about the bearings havent taken it apart yet

High pitch yes

Turning the motor over it seemed to be locking up a bit after each time I got it running for a few seconds

I had the needle set the same place as the last time I took out the boat and it was running good

I realize I would have to adjust the needle a bit for the add oil mixture

So why would it heat up so much so fast

Were the bearings may be already worn out

I dont know Im just guessing

ok do this;

take the engine off the lower take the shaft out and inspect it..

if the engine goes to high pitch that means you are way to lean. should always sound rich or hesitate alittle before clearing out

need to check the bearings

take the motor apart and see whats going on inside

needles change with different fuels and oil mixtures thats why i dont change what fuel i run

the engine will heat up when in the stand thats normal but if the engine comes back really hot after a run then you have a problem with cooling

take the engine apart and check everything thats what i would do or reccomend

im going to ask the important question....... how do you know you didnt mix synthetic,,and non synthestic oils???????????? that right there would be the end of your outing before you even left..... i would suggest leaving the mixing to those who do it all the time... i want to also bring up another point..... if you add oil you are knocking the nitro percent down....... im really sorry to hear this derrick.... you need to tear it down and see what it cooked..... word to the wise,,,, get rid of that fuel,,,,, all of it......

alden

Alden, he added castor oil to it. It SHOULD blend with any oil in current fuel. The oil shouldnt have hurt a thing.

rodney,,,i agree.... but i have seen bean oil do real funny things when introduced into synthetics.... mainly ive seen this in 2 stroke dirt bikes... i physically witnessed a kx 250 cook after a 929 castor mix was added into a fully synthetic amsoil mix..... within 15 mins down the trail,,,,, errrrrrrrrrrrrr,,,oh sh*t its siezed.... i also brought up the nitro percent being lowered for the attention of detonation.... we dont know how the button is setup currently,,,so its possible it had massive deto. on that fuel......idk..... just theory at this point......

Latest posts

Back