AC waveslave

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speakerboy

he Guys , i am building up an old AC waveslave , the hull is like new , all holes at the transom are filled , topdeck and cowl are sanded and bottom is in original gelcoat ., still looks pretty good .

what motor will do best in a heat race setup .. (remember we race 8 minute heats instead of 8 laps ) and what is the best for a drive and rudder , what size and how long etc etc .. also does any one run trimtaps on these ?

i am very common with building the big brothers like lazers and razors , but dont know much from the little mono.s

its going to be for my 6 year old son ..

Jeroen

set-up info im going to do for my magnum 45 every is basic mono set-up info-- rudder 2"off center running larger props might go with 2.5 but 2" should work fine all the way around, rudder LE to be at the TE of the prop--- Im gonna be using a stinger and bench setting 1/4 high up from the bottom--would do the same with a strut--higher up you go the more stable and better youll corner wont be quite as fast but you get the idea--trim tabs about centered on each side, turn fin bigger on the right than the one on the left---CG anyplace from 28%-35% from transom outside depending on how much power youll be using.. if you go with 30-31% you could add less weight to tune later, example---drop CG at 35% with a low power engine your going to run wet and drop in speed mines a bigger hull but basicly it will apply to yours to--engine is up to you really

I called AC models cause i wasnt sure on trim tab placement due to the way the bottom of the hull being different than i am used to said to place them about centered and he did ask me to make a deck support going from the bottom to the deck on the inside said it would make a very strong hull--

WOW .. thanx for the answer ... not much difference with the bigger models i see ... i will run a comapgnucci 6.28 cc GASOLINE motor in her . about 2 hp at 17500 . not the most power , but i like the gas thing .. ..

thanx again . .

Jeroen

Back