AAAABSOLUTLY AWESOME!!!!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Supporting Member
The TTRA launch was just GREAT!!Near perfect weather brought em all OUT! The ARCAS LAUNCHED! Man, it was BEAUTIFUL! The F27-8 seemed like a great motor for a shake down flight...i have no idea how high it actually went, but for a millisecond, when it got REAL small, i remember saying to myself,GAWD!, hope i get it back! :lol: I did, as the chute popped full open and looked just GREAT! Grim, i know yer probably chuckling as i KNOW you use way more power and fly way higher than that, but it was such a THRILL! My buddy got his first launch in with his PM Bull Dog/G motor combo and it too, was near perfect! We now have 5 new rocketeers in the group...3 kids and two adults that had never really done it before...they appear to be HOOKED! The other rocket that really impressed me was my Semroc Hornet flyin on a D12-5...it went totally OUTTASITE, but thanks to virtually no wind, it landed about 200' past the pad! AWESOME little rocket! My buddy and his son built a couple of Magician's, flew em on E9-4's..VERY impressive! Andy, i think i want one!!My other friends kids built Semroc Starts(they look like Alphas) and MAN, what a coupla LIL HOTRODS! Almost outtasite on B6-4s! Didnt get the D powered Redstone off....just ran out of time...DARN IT! :rolleyes: Unfortunatly i didnt get very many pics at all, but ill post em anyway...i know my friends took a bunch and maybe a video too, and if i can get em, ill post em! Oh, and can anyone recognize the guy wearin the ball cap to the right of my wife and granddaughter? (HAR!) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Man o man.. you, like me, see the NUTS in this dont you! lol

I NEVER call a smaller rocket less fun or less challenging.. they are ALL a great time.

The pic are great.. thanks for sharing!

GET THAT VID!

Congrats on a great family outing.. truth is friends and fam are the key to rocketry fun!

Grim

I HATED missing that one Bill, I was driving to the Winston Yard and thinking about what a killer day you guys must have been having, PERFECT weather.

BTW, you dont have to be Otto's rocket b-tch - let him get his own stuff.....
laugh.gif

He needs the exercise now that he is retired
wink.gif

Andy

Back