AA 21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry_Crowther

Vendor
I just got my new AA21 in the mail. I took it apart and all I can say is WOW !!! Everything in side looks great. I cannot wait to get a boat built to test it. I know it will be a fast motor just by looking at it. A+ for Al on this one. :D

Jerry

Seaducer Boats

gallery_128_827_43947.jpg

I just got my new AA21 in the mail. I took it apart and all I can say is WOW !!! Everything in side looks great. I cannot wait to get a boat built to test it. I know it will be a fast motor just by looking at it. A+ for Al on this one.
biggrin.gif

Jerry

Seaducer Boats
Yes!!!....the pre-production engines I saw were first class all the way....

What are the prices for the .21 and .45 if the .45 is right price i buy that for me give the wife the CMB for her mono

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure someone will chime in, but I thought I read that the .21 was over $400...

and that the .45 is not available yet. I think it is due out in January.

Sean

The 21 Super Long Stroke engine is $410. The pipe and header combination is $80. The pipe alone is $60 and the header alone is $25.

I don't know what the 45 price will be as the biggest variable is the US Dollar/Euro exchange rate. When I was importing engines 10 years ago, a Euro cost 88 cents. Now a Euro costs $1.50. That is a huge difference for the price of engines made in Europe and sold in the USA.

And, AxeRossi is working on a new 12 size A/A engine. I hope to see the prototype before Christmas.

Al Hobbs

Al,

What's the Bore/Stroke of the super long stroke?

Thanks,

David
Bore - .630"

Stroke - .685"

That is a longer stroke than any .21 I know of.
Nova Rossi Toro Nero .21

15.88mm bore, 17.6mm stroke.

.625 bore, .693 stroke.

Martin
There you have it!

Sure are a lot of .21 engines out there. They are doing that to make lots of low end torque for the Cars.

Thanks Martin!
Andy the old thoughts on long stroke not reving as high as short stroke seems to be the opposite now as some of these long strokes are reaching very high revs indeed. Is this to do with greater port area on long strokes + lighter pistons with the smaller bore, different rod angles etc. Martin

Al,

What's the Bore/Stroke of the super long stroke?

Thanks,

David
Bore - .630"

Stroke - .685"

That is a longer stroke than any .21 I know of.
Nova Rossi Toro Nero .21

15.88mm bore, 17.6mm stroke.

.625 bore, .693 stroke.

Martin
There you have it!

Sure are a lot of .21 engines out there. They are doing that to make lots of low end torque for the Cars.

Thanks Martin!
Andy the old thoughts on long stroke not reving as high as short stroke seems to be the opposite now as some of these long strokes are reaching very high revs indeed. Is this to do with greater port area on long strokes + lighter pistons with the smaller bore, different rod angles etc. Martin
Most of the new .21's rev higher than the older .21's, but it has nothing to do with the longer stroke. Big bore short stoke can rev just as high.

The small bore does not necesarily make the piston lighter, because the small bore piston must be longer for the longer stroke. Plus the long stoke will cause the piston to move faster for a giving RPM, which means more inertia when it starts and stops at TDC & BDC. It ends up being an equal trade off. It works the same way with the port area. For a given timing # and port width it is still the same area, long or short stroke.

Formula 1 V-8's are reving to 20,000 rpm these days. They are Big bore short stroke engines.

Anyway, the low RPM torque gained in these new Extra long stroke .21's as I metioned is a function of another set of parameters that I don't wish to get into here. It does not mean the engine will not rev very high. It's just got to do with how it works out of the hole. Like if you are driving a Buggy and need lots of Punch to clear a jump after just coming out of a slow turn.

It is all in the leverage. The longer the stroke the more leverage you have, the same amount of force can move more weight.

when I was building street cars for every day driving. I liked a Pontiac 455 or a Cadillac 500 not many RPM's but gobs of toque.

Like I use to say the longer the stroke the better the feel.(that in the seat of the pants) :huh: :eek:

David

It is all in the leverage. The longer the stroke the more leverage you have, the same amount of force can move more weight.

when I was building street cars for every day driving. I liked a Pontiac 455 or a Cadillac 500 not many RPM's but gobs of toque.

Like I use to say the longer the stroke the better the feel.(that in the seat of the pants) :huh: :eek:

David
any plans on making a 21 aa outboard with a rossi lower unit ,would make a great sport 20...bob miller

David
any plans on making a 21 aa outboard with a rossi lower unit ,would make a great sport 20...bob miller
For that matter, let's start at square one, what about at least just an outboard powerhead? .21, .45?? Are they possibly in the works?

~Mitch Atwell

It is one step at a time. I have spoken to the Rossi family about a 21 outboard engine, but that is after we do some other engines first.

I think it is very important to be careful and make sure each step is correct before we take the next step.

So, we will move forward, but carefully. It would be a mistake to try to do everything at once. Please be patient.

Back