A Resurrected Project...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike McKnight

Well I couldn't stay away from building and since the guy that was supposed to buy all my Circus stuff last summer fell victim to being laid off, I took them all back right after he bought them. This is a boat I had kind of left for dead. But I started this about a year after I finished the Pink Lady. It's now going to be the companion boat for the Pink Lady I built three years ago. Kind of a sentimental favorite of mine since I was at the race in Seattle when Chip beat the Bud in front of his hometown fans. Then I watched him run the Pink Lady in San Diego a month later.

Here is the real boat. The 89 Circus Circus backup boat aka "School Bus"

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1070

Not as good as ol Don Ferrette's build threads but there are more to pics to come. It's almost ready for paint and I am having the Pink lady repainted at the same time this one gets painted since it has some nicks in it and could use it. I have a guy here locally that does street rods and Harleys that does a killer job that is doing them both with trailers.

Here's my build gallery.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1069

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, do you have any pictures of the Circus 8700 hull? I started a Dumas kit and am trying to figure out which one it is. I'm thinking it's the 8700 with Lucero tails, just need documentation to verify it. If you have a picture of the 8700 transom it would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I'll be modding it to the 8400

I have quite a few but I think I only have a couple that actually show the transom clearly. The Dumas hull is kind of a morph between the two hulls. It has the School Bus(8401)sponsons and the Pink Lady(8700)transom. The cowl is more the 8700 as well. PM me your email address and I'll send you what I have.

Thanks Mike, but you answered my questions with your reply. I just need to get a set of Jones tails and I'll be good to go, for now anyway. If it becomes an issue later, I'll give you a yell :)

Back