A/A 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samuel Hagan JR

Is there any mods you need to do to the motor out of the box. I'm calling Al Saturday morning to order one.

Sam

You will love the engine and Al is the best guy to deal with!

Make sure you get the billet header it is an awesome piece of work.

Just got off the phone with AL and ordered it. Great guy. I've been looking a the Nova and the VAC and decided to go with the A/A. I have a MAC and there pretty similar.

Thanks Al.

Take your time with break in -------- you wont be disappointed -- at least 1/2 a gallen run time with rich setting

Henry

If the carb causes you any trouble, send it back and I will replace it with another.

Al Hobbs

Al I sent you a email.

Has anyone put a MAC carb on there A/A. Looks like the carb is bigger for more air. Bolts right on with a little mod.

Also I took the motor apart and man is it nice. I'm pretty excited. I need some A/A stickers now.

Al I sent you a email.

Has anyone put a MAC carb on there A/A. Looks like the carb is bigger for more air. Bolts right on with a little mod.

Also I took the motor apart and man is it nice. I'm pretty excited. I need some A/A stickers now.
Adding a larger carb will reduce the "air pump" effect, also reducing you low end (just my opinion)

I would run the carb that Al designed for the engine. Once you figure it out, it actually runs pretty dang good.

I agree, a bigger carb is not always better.....the engine runs fine out of the box. Boat set up, pipe and prop selection is more important.

I ran a Mac carb on mine at Hobart two years ago -- it ran VERY GOOD but at high elevation and/or bad air stay with the stock carb -- that,s my take on it

Henry

We beat the heck out of an AA 45 all last year and it just seemed to get better and better , great little motor and even better service.

Tim

My brother ran a .470 bore mac carb on his A/A and was close to upper 80's with it. However on the stand you could see it blowing fuel out of the carb. This size carb is a wide open setup not really good for heat racing.

Sam he was able to get his down around 9" on his JAE before the weather turned on us.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I'm really excited about this motor. Not a lot of people in my district have this motor, actually I haven't seen anyone at a district race last year with a A/A. If its anything like the MAC, the new motor with the new boat should be pretty quick.

Back