'93 Bud Picture needed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mt. gay rum

Need a picture of the real unlimited, and did it run with the long turbine tube? if so thats the picture i need...

Need a picture of the real unlimited, and did it run with the long turbine tube? if so thats the picture i need...
Mike,

What boat are you looking for, the Gold and Red (thru 1991 season) or the all red versions 92 on ?

I sent pics........

Maybe Harry Gatjens will clear this up, he seems to be the Bud guru.

:unsure:

Not sure quite what you are after but only the T-2 ran while painted Gold, Red and White (Chip's name in blue) in 1993. They did not use the big turbine tube that year.

In 1992 your are fine.

Not sure quite what you are after but only the T-2 ran while painted Gold, Red and White (Chip's name in blue) in 1993. They did not use the big turbine tube that year.
In 1992 your are fine.
so who was the driver in '92

Chip was..... It was his first year back after the Circus team was sold off after the 1990 season. Scott Pierce drove the Bud for Tom D'Eath in 91.

Last edited by a moderator:
In 1992 your are fine.
Harry,

So for future reference, is it safe to say that all Budweisers had the all red paint scheme from 1994 on ?

I understand that the (all red) Budweiser font changed several times also from block white with blue shadow, to all white, to the script font last used.

and Bernie liked CC, thumper, T-1-T-6, yadda...........

In 1992 your are fine.
Harry,

So for future reference, is it safe to say that all Budweisers had the all red paint scheme from 1994 on ?

I understand that the (all red) Budweiser font changed several times also from block white with blue shadow, to all white, to the script font last used.

and Bernie liked CC, thumper, T-1-T-6, yadda...........
The T-2 is thwe only boat that ran with the Gold paint after 1993. It ran the last two races of 1994. They had not painted it in the Red Scheme as they didn't plan on racing it and the plan was to send it to the Smithsonian in the Gold paint scheme. Unfortunately the T-3 crashed in Seattle on test day so the T-2 was rushed into servie with only a days notice.

The T-2 never ran with the all red paint scheme although it was painted up in it for display purposes later.

Thye did change the font once the boat was red. The changes corresponded to changes made in the actual beer labelling. I would need to check about the exact years although I think the script came about in either 2000 or 2001.

2000 was the last year of the block style font. 2001 began with script. The brilliant blue shadow is still used 2001-2004 but the directions of the shadow change slightly. There are actually two fonts that were developed by Anheuser Busch in 2001 that is used in their artwork currently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back