90/101 motor

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Anybody here every play around with a 90 or 101 nitro motor in a newer gas hull-

AC-

Insane , ect ????

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody here every play around with a 90 or 101 nitro motor in a newer gas hull-
AC-

Insane , ect ????

Andy
Recently put a CMB101RS in a Conquest. It was close to 80 mph and could stand up and wheelie if you nailed it at any speed under 50 mph.

It was a rocket. By the way that engine will turn up gas size props like no tommorrow. I have since put a gas engine in it. Ported RCMK jug with CC racing pro mod piston on Zenoah cases with a modified WYK 33 Barrel Carb and Hot Pipe. The CMB101RS is now in a Andy Brown Eagle SGX Rigger. Ran it this weekend after letting it sit for couple months. Man those big nitro engines get your adrenaline flowing.

Daniel

AC-

Insane , ect ????

Andy
Andy, I am finishing up a 90 CMB Powered Rigger which was built as a Gas Rigger. You will get to see how that works. I know that Rod Hendricks has a not completed new Gas Rigger that he would like to sell.

It ain't a mono, but we put a ops 15cc in a proboat 1/8 bud and it wants to take flight. Sucks the bottom out of the tank in about 3 laps.

AC-

Insane , ect ????

Andy
Andy, I am finishing up a 90 CMB Powered Rigger which was built as a Gas Rigger. You will get to see how that works. I know that Rod Hendricks has a not completed new Gas Rigger that he would like to sell.
I will very interested to see how that works out Marty, I'm pretty sure I don't have the skills to drive one of those rockets quite yet though ;)

Andy

I saw Jerry Crowther has been raced his CMB101 for Seaducer Gas Sport Hydro at NAT Namba and he got winner against X hydro and X Sport so I hardly believe his sport hull really fast ;)

I saw Jerry Crowther has been raced his CMB101 for Seaducer Gas Sport Hydro at NAT Namba and he got winner against X hydro and X Sport so I hardly believe his sport hull really fast ;)
A 101 in a Sport Hydro Allan ??? :(

I'm not gonna dig through the rule book- but would that even be legal ??

Just asking....

Interesting idea :rolleyes:

Andy

In the Namba rule book there was/is a class. In Impba you would be in F-hydro.

Drew, your idea sound good. However thought say that most of the gas hull have a good amount of lift in them. You will be fast.............But in a class with all SD3 44's, I am betting on the corners.

Just asking....

Andy
yes it would be legal so contact Jerry C he will tell you story ;)

Just asking....

Andy
Andy, if you got out more, you'd know,

NAMBA has a class sport-X

And Jerry's gas sport hydro, with a nitro engine in it is a legal sport-X and is perfectly legal in X-Hydro also

And to answer your original question, Jerry also has one of his gas cats with a nitro big block in it, that he runs in open nitro offshore, you should see it "air out" coming in from the offshore bouy, you'd swear he has a nitrous bottle in it.

Take you butt outa Tampa/Brandon area, you can see some pretty cool stuff,,,,,,,,,,And me!!!!!!

In the Namba rule book there was/is a class. In Impba you would be in F-hydro.
Drew, your idea sound good. However thought say that most of the gas hull have a good amount of lift in them. You will be fast.............But in a class with all SD3 44's, I am betting on the corners.

I was thinking about a AC Razor 45-

IF- I went that route .... ;)

For now, we are going to keep jamming lead in the nose and sneaking the motor forward in the what was said to be 44-

I mean 42- no

40.5 inch ten year old Ducer can handle :rolleyes:

IF-

I can get a handle on this rascal you boys are in trouble !!!!!

Its ballistic now :p And that was in WICKED rough water :huh:

Andy

Just asking....

Andy
Andy, if you got out more, you'd know,

NAMBA has a class sport-X

And Jerry's gas sport hydro, with a nitro engine in it is a legal sport-X and is perfectly legal in X-Hydro also

And to answer your original question, Jerry also has one of his gas cats with a nitro big block in it, that he runs in open nitro offshore, you should see it "air out" coming in from the offshore bouy, you'd swear he has a nitrous bottle in it.

Take you butt outa Tampa/Brandon area, you can see some pretty cool stuff,,,,,,,,,,And me!!!!!!
yes sir, ran sport-x for many years in namba district 1 and took 1st place in 1993 nats!! great class!! wish they had it down in impba!! maybe someday?? see yaah.

Back