Lehner Outrunner Motors 4140 and 7050

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaceMechaniX

Supporting Member
Hey guys, At the request of a friend I put together a short video looking at the LMT 4140 and 7050 outrunner motors. Second video is of the first spin up of the 4140 on 3S. Sounds lovely. For those of you looking to convert 67-101 size nitro or gas motors over to FE, the LMT 41 series outrunners are an ideal match for torque and RPM in a compact package. The 4125 would cover 45-60 size nitro motor and the 4140 covers 67-101 size.

The 70 series are in a league of their own. They could replace a twin 56cc.

Here is a quick spool up on 3S.

I am dealer and the approved US repair/inspection person. Rocket City Racing is also a dealer in the US. There may be others as well. Neither I nor Rocket City stock any of these motors due to the high variation possible with orders. Orders take about 2 months from time of order to receipt due to the build time and customs impound delays.

What is the purpose or benefits of running a type of motor like this ?
Where the outer part spins?

Seems like all of that rotational mass would create a gyroscopic effect that would be imparted to the hull as well... A smaller internal rotor encased inside a stator wouldn't impart as much centrifugal force.

Plus, I wouldn't want to be standing over it if it decided to grenade at full RPM...might be pulling pieces out of my forehead for quite a while... 🤪 🤪

Oh I see I think that best of one TP motor $$$ 60k rpm #2Leopard motor $$ 55k rpm and #3 SSS motor $ 50k rpm

Oh I see I think that best of one TP motor $$$ 60k rpm #2Leopard motor $$ 55k rpm and #3 SSS motor $ 50k rpm

Allan, the max speed on most inrunners is irrelevant since you cannot run them up that high unless you are running SAW setups. TP are a great motor supplier and in my opinion offer the vest value for performance. You can buy 2 or 3 TP motors with equivalent output for the cost of one Lehner.

I heard about your twin project and already made some recommendations to your builder.

What is the purpose or benefits of running a type of motor like this ?
Where the outer part spins?

Seems like all of that rotational mass would create a gyroscopic effect that would be imparted to the hull as well... A smaller internal rotor encased inside a stator wouldn't impart as much centrifugal force.

Plus, I wouldn't want to be standing over it if it decided to grenade at full RPM...might be pulling pieces out of my forehead for quite a while... 🤪 🤪
Frank, take a look at this link and watch as much as you need to understand the differences. Inrunner vs Outrunner motors explained.

Back