8th scale windsheild install

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys,

Here's some pics of what I did on my 1/8th Atlas.

atlashatch.jpg

atlasbat1.jpg

atlasdeck.jpg

atlasdeck1.jpg

Phil, how is the cowl attached to your 82U55? Looking at the pictures, I am trying to see the seam, and how close it is until the cowl starts going vertical. Is there enough of a horizontal lip to run tape down the sides to seal it to the hull?

I would like to, but I definitely won't have anything built to race this year. I am checking out hulls and power options for when the time comes. I am a little paranoid about some of these cowls and being able to completely seal them. There are some nice hulls out there - Phil's work especially.

I'm just making a sealable hatch opening at the deck level. Then the cowl and all that just has to be attached with pins or whatever. They don't have to be water tight. Be sure and check them out at the NATS. Every boat is done just a little different.

Jeff Shriver said:
Phil, how is the cowl attached to your 82U55?  Looking at the pictures, I am trying to see the seam, and how close it is until the cowl starts going vertical.  Is there enough of a horizontal lip to run tape down the sides to seal it to the hull?
87898[/snapback]

That boat has a 5 inch wide engine well the cowl has a tab in the front that fits into the hull. the cowl part is wider than the engine well and just sits on the deck the rear deck is five inches wide. It could be taped on but you might be better off just sealing the top of the engine well with a cover of some sort.

do you nitro guys tint the windsheild or leave it clear.. I can't tell on the real boat

Next question for you guys -- how do you mount the windshield in the cockpit?

then how are you guys mounting the floor pan to the cockit section also. silicon? or is there a better material?? Thanks guys

outside is finally done.. just need to add the water line and drive shaft and she is ready for water its not 100% scale but, close

The checkers and arrows are paint

elam%20060.jpg

elam%20059.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back