8th Annual Winter Nitro Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in the end.. (I know i have said this before).. if you can dictate whom you do.. or do not race against that in the end is the issue.

Its just that simple.. no more and no less.

Grim

If you set up the heats that would force people to switch frequencies between rounds (if they want to run), I bet a lot of that BS would stop.

It can be done.

Last edited:
How has it been managed without being a crisis for 50 years? & NOW its a Crisis........ Its Up to the CD. NO One else..

How has it been managed without being a crisis for 50 years? & NOW its a Crisis........

It wasn't a crisis. It's only become a problem because recently those who race on DSM have been entering as fm instead, to keep from racing their pitman.

That is a fraudulent entry.

I would hate to be that person when they have a radio or boat failure and hurt someone. Namba/IMPBA will decline your insurance because you weren't on the frequency you declared you were on, The FCC will have plenty of questions, and you risk the hosting club for liability.

And your a$$ is getting sued all by yourself...

All because you lied on your entry.

If you running more than one heat whats the problem?

Because that's just giving you what you want, which is you not racing everyone in the class. it's also a violation of Namba and IMPBA rules which state that heats are to be chosen randomly. You and your pitman purposely entering on the same frequency when you aren't even using FM is cheating and dishonest.

If everyone else in that class has to race the both of you, then you should as well.

Maybe IMPBA or the HOST club need to use a facebook page to enter & quit paying these outside venues to organize the races.

Do it! Save me a ton of money every year(trust me, I'm not profiting here) and the headaches of hours of fixing classes that are so jacked with fake conflicts it's ridiculous.

The money that comes from rcracingevents does not even come close to the yearly cost of Domain, SSL Certs, Hardware, Broadband, Electricity, Hosting, etc.

Not to mention my time...

Last edited:
Call the hosting club president. He will make it happen. It's just that easy...

Or you can call me and I can do it. But I'll need your frequencies... LOL

Bill this is race sanaction IMPBA & they have a rule book. Also the host club did Not put all these extra rules on the Original race flyer & have already taken entries ….😳. I do race what I enter… some will complain either way.

Bill this is race sanaction IMPBA & they have a rule book. Also the host club did Not put all these extra rules on the Original race flyer & have already taken entries ….😳. I do race what I enter… some will complain either way.
Then your entry is not a problem and you are good to go sir. :)

Whenever a club is going to deviate form the IMPBA rule book, those deviations MUST be on the flyer! I'm here as the current IMPBA DIII director to help every club or Florida IMPBA member with any issues or concerns. My only goal is to promote Radio Controlled Boating in a friendly family environment. More racers with their preferred pitman offers the opportunity for an additional entry.

Bill, there is nothing in the IMPBA to prevent racers signing up on the same frequencies!!! There are usually over 20 E Hydros entered in this race leaving plenty of room for 4 more pairs of entries on same frenq. I think your a bit premature in worrying about conflicts with over 2.5 months before the entry deadline.

After the heat sheets are published one may have the need to change to a "back up" DSM radio system when/where two guys are possibly sharing an older style radio. This would all fall in line with all rules of the IMPBA and keep the insurance fully compliant.

The CD can also contact the racers and ask them if they are willing to adjust their frequency if the conflict(s) is so monumental it is causing 2&3 boat heats. The CD can also request frequency modifications if consolidation of heats is going to be needed in following rounds. BTW this too should be on the flyer.

You perceive it as cheating. I would agree it's cheating if there is a rule against it. Currently there is no such rule. One man is looking for cheating while another is taking full advantage of the existing rules.

When RC Racing Events becomes a sanctioning body you can make up the rules as you see fit. I appreciate the service RC Racing Events offers. Index cards and PayPal with some effort can replace RC Racing Events. My ultimate concern...is this issue promoting maximum attendance or hindering it?

Keep up the good work!

Bill, there is nothing in the IMPBA to prevent racers signing up on the same frequencies!!!

You are correct. But there is something wrong with someone entering on FM frequencies when they are actually using DSM. That is up to the club to determine if it is a legal entry, not rcracingevents. That's all I've been trying to say all along.

And with that, I am bowing out of this before it goes sideways...

It's been a long day today and I'm ready to sit back and click the remote. Hope everyone has a good evening.

Last edited:
EVENT DETAILS Revised

* 300 BOAT LIMIT
* 3 QUALIFYING ROUNDS PER CLASS. (Top 6 Boats go to Championship Round)
* 2 CHAMPIONSHIP ROUNDS PER CLASS
* MIN. SIX BOATS/CLASS. AWARDS 1-3 PLACE.
* PROCEEDS DISTRIBUTED to RACERS as Gift Certificates.
* IMPBA SANCTIONED
* 50 POINT DEDUCTION FOR CUT BUOYS.
* CONTROLLED OPEN WATER 1/27/2021
* POND OPENED FOR TRAILERS & SETUP 1/26/2021 MID DAY
* NO PHONE ENTRIES ALLOWED.
* DRIVERS MEETING 7:30 AM (1/28/2021)
* FIRST HEAT STARTS AT 8:00 AM. (1/28/2021)
* STARTING TABLES PROVIDED AND MUST BE USED.
* NO PETS ALLOWED, EXCEPT DOGS ON 6' LEAD ROPE MAX
* ***NOTICE***
* ALL ENTRIES WITH FM RADIO'S TO BE IMPOUNDED. NO EXCEPTIONS.
* ***NOTICE***
* IF YOU ARE NOT A IMPBA MEMBER IT IS UP TO YOU TO SIGN UP FOR AND PAY THE SINGLE EVENT ENTRY AT IMPBA.NET NO LATER THAN SEVEN DAYS BEFORE THE RACE DATE
* Race Location: 2820 Gallagher Rd, Dover FL 33527
* GPS Coordinates: Front Gate N27 59 15.56 W82 14 9.93

For more information, contact: Ron Drake

Whenever a club is going to deviate form the IMPBA rule book, those deviations MUST be on the flyer! I'm here as the current IMPBA DIII director to help every club or Florida IMPBA member with any issues or concerns. My only goal is to promote Radio Controlled Boating in a friendly family environment. More racers with their preferred pitman offers the opportunity for an additional entry.

Bill, there is nothing in the IMPBA to prevent racers signing up on the same frequencies!!! There are usually over 20 E Hydros entered in this race leaving plenty of room for 4 more pairs of entries on same frenq. I think your a bit premature in worrying about conflicts with over 2.5 months before the entry deadline.

After the heat sheets are published one may have the need to change to a "back up" DSM radio system when/where two guys are possibly sharing an older style radio. This would all fall in line with all rules of the IMPBA and keep the insurance fully compliant.

The CD can also contact the racers and ask them if they are willing to adjust their frequency if the conflict(s) is so monumental it is causing 2&3 boat heats. The CD can also request frequency modifications if consolidation of heats is going to be needed in following rounds. BTW this too should be on the flyer.

You perceive it as cheating. I would agree it's cheating if there is a rule against it. Currently there is no such rule. One man is looking for cheating while another is taking full advantage of the existing rules.

When RC Racing Events becomes a sanctioning body you can make up the rules as you see fit. I appreciate the service RC Racing Events offers. Index cards and PayPal with some effort can replace RC Racing Events. My ultimate concern...is this issue promoting maximum attendance or hindering it?

Keep up the good work!
Well said Mark, if a rules change is needed then that may happen in the future. Untill then lets all enjoy this great race in a great place. If you haven't signed up yet please do so. Alaska to Florida for 3 weeks in January, can't beat that.

Thanks Bill keep up with the support you offer to our boating hobby.
You are talking on deaf ears and everyone knows this is a problem if it wasn't why does it draw so much attention?
Best thing to do is let the chips fall where they do and the hosting club can sort it out.
Greg

Ron: The revised Event Rules indicate that there are 3 qualifying rounds and 2 Championship Rounds. Is this correct? If this isn't correct, why was it changed to a regular heat race???

Ron: The revised Event Rules indicate that there are 3 qualifying rounds and 2 Championship Rounds. Is this correct? If this isn't correct, why was it changed to a regular heat race???

It is two championship rounds per class.

Last edited:
This race has always been 3 qualifiers and 2 finals.
It sure would be nice if it was post right the first time and not all the changes.
This race has been the premiere nitro event anywhere for years. Why mess with it???
Yes Three Qs Two Finals is expected by everyone who has competed in the past.

Latest posts

Back