.80 size engines - any difference in performance

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_nemesis

Hey guys just looking for a little input. Getting ready to buy my first .60/.80 size rigger and I want to put an .80 in it - not sure if there are any big differences between cmb and ops as I have never bought anything this large before. Any pros or cons you have on either brand would be appreciated. Also, where's the best place to buy hardware for bigger boats like these, as far as struts, rudders, and turn fins go ??? :ph34r:

Thanks Guys,

Mark T.

Hey guys just looking for a little input. Getting ready to buy my first .60/.80 size rigger and I want to put an .80 in it - not sure if there are any big differences between cmb and ops as I have never bought anything this large before. Any pros or cons you have on either brand would be appreciated. Also, where's the best place to buy hardware for bigger boats like these, as far as struts, rudders, and turn fins go ??? :ph34r:

Thanks Guys,

Mark T.
Hey Mark-

MAC & CMB would be my top choices for 80 power. OPS run pretty well, tend to be tough on exhaust couplers. Kalistratov K82 is good if you change the wrist pin & rod needles. I've seen some good running OS81's out there also. Not quite as powerful as the MAC or CMB but VERY dependable & come stock with probably the best OE carb made, the 9B. I've seen some good deals on them out there too. Will still run fast, may be good choice to start out with. :)

Speedmaster would be the choice for hardware- http://www.rossisales.com/

Dick Tyndall (el zorro here on I/W) makes awesome turn fins. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
look in the for sale forum and there's a 60-80 hull for sale with everything you need. its got speedmaster hardware and the turnfin is of my design, the sponson are made from divinnycell form.

Back