80 mph 20 hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WICKED FAST Mike ....... Please Roger, put them back up- let the reality shine !!!!!
My times are nothing like a 2 lap boat's. I am strictly a heat racing guy. My point was to talk about consistency from place to place not just on your home pond with your close buddies and not just once but often... at least within a lap.

The first of these times was in 1999 if I remember correctly... on a six lap 1 mile course...

1999 | 1:06 (Borrowed crashed boat from Bobby Tom that Andy fixed the night before because I broke mine hitting a goose. Plus was run over by Andy earlier in the week. Fast time of 1999 Nationals in New York. Not official course)

2002 | 1:06 (Barely Beat Record standing at that time but too close for me to feel I should apply for new record) Fremont, CA

2wks later | ... Record 1:01 (technically, still stands to this day) Los Angeles, CA

2003 | 1:06 the next year, Fremont, CA. District Fast time of the year

2005 | 1:07 the year after, Fremont, CA District Fast time of the year

2006 | 1:08, Sacramento, CA and beat by one second for fast time of the year by Gary Moll with Mod (California version) Eagle SG

2007 | 1:02, Fremont, CA District Fast time of the year.

From coast to coast, north to south, boat to boat, year to year... my personal best have been all within 1 lap of each other for almost 10 years.

I have been told I've run as fast as 9 second laps in heat racing but never finished those races... I would imagine that is what happens to the 2 lap boats... Lap 3 usually between the entrance and point of turn 2. LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back