70 mph 21 Hydro discussions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tracerbob said:
Don, thanks for the pics.  It sure helps in identifing pipes when I see some for sale.  Any idea what the pipe is in the attached pic?  The inlet is .626 i.d, looks to have a flat band of about .875 and the stinger i.d. is about .294 i.d. It's hard to get a good measurement as the stinger has a small dent in it.  Right now I'm putting the finishing touhes on a cf roadrunner with a Orlic NR.  For now I plan to try a CMDI parabolic short pipe on it.  I also have a Irwin? Cooper? pipe to try on it too.  It has a flat back end on it with the stinger moved to the edge.
86529[/snapback]

Tracerbob I just got my engine back from Orlic.He told me to use the new N/R nitro pipe he said that it is as good or maybe even better then the s pipe for a hydro.and the 3280 is good for a mono! I got the pipe but there is still alot of the white $hit around here :eek: Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
tracerbob said:
Nick, which one? 50040, 50041 or 50042?
86591[/snapback]

to tell you the truth I don't know :unsure: :lol: :lol: look at my pics under the "I got my engine back" post see if you can tell :blink: :lol: Sorry Nick

tracerbob said:
Terry Keeley said:
tracerbob said:
Don, thanks for the pics.  It sure helps in identifing pipes when I see some for sale.  Any idea what the pipe is in the attached pic?  The inlet is .626 i.d, looks to have a flat band of about .875 and the stinger i.d. is about .294 i.d. It's hard to get a good measurement as the stinger has a small dent in it.  Right now I'm putting the finishing touhes on a cf roadrunner with a Orlic NR.  For now I plan to try a CMDI parabolic short pipe on it.  I also have a Irwin? Cooper? pipe to try on it too.  It has a flat back end on it with the stinger moved to the edge.
86529[/snapback]

Is it a NR 50040 pipe?

http://www.novarossi.com/eng/default.htm

86532[/snapback]

Yep, that's it. Any idea how they perform?

86535[/snapback]

Never had one but the cones look very similar to the OPS 3280 except it has a little deadband. Probably work very well and be a little less "peaky" than the OPS.

I have a couple of these pipes...they're pretty good.

I have a spare new NR 50040 pipe I'll trade for 2 novarossi Flywheels :)

aaron alberico said:
:ph34r: im running stock mac21 and cmdi s pipe with stinger drilled out. :D
86626[/snapback]

I was wondering why most guys are drilling out the stinger on cmd 21 s pipe. I have been running one with the baffle stock and it seems to run good on a mac21 in a mono with no over heating from back pressure (like my 40 parabolic pipe did before drilling out the baffle). Were you getting to much heat? Or do you do it just for a performance increase with the baffle drilled out to the same id as the stinger? thx :) I am tempted to drill it out, but it is one of those "if it ain't broke, then don't fix it" type of things :(

Last edited by a moderator:
ClayGlover said:
aaron alberico said:
:ph34r: im running stock mac21 and cmdi s pipe with stinger drilled out. :D
86626[/snapback]

I was wondering why most guys are drilling out the stinger on cmd 21 s pipe. I have been running one with the baffle stock and it seems to run good on a mac21 in a mono with no over heating from back pressure (like my 40 parabolic pipe did before drilling out the baffle). Were you getting to much heat? Or do you see a performance increase with the baffle drilled out to the same id as the stinger? thx :)

86679[/snapback]

Clay,

From the tests several of us did last year, drilling relieved some back pressure and increased the rpm. We did not have a dyno to use to verify but we gained 3/4 mph on a 20 rigger. Andy verified that it will help in many applications. Since I do not run mono's I can not vouch for any improvement with them.

John

Back