• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Vintage wood hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andymicke

Have a Vintage Wood Hydro. This hydro was built in the late 70's or the very early 80's. It was built by Leo Getsfried. He was sort of a pioneer of his day. And a very popular guy with the model flyers in his community. This sat in a temperature and humidity controlled basement fo over 10 years. And is absolutely gorgeous. There is no cowl. The drive cable is solid. The strut is through the hull and the gas tank is custom made. I got it thinking of doing an electric conversion but decided to keep it as it. it has an air cooled Rossi .60. Lightly used pipe, brand new muffler, brand new prop and a speedmaster rudder that is also new .The boat I was told was just a one off,custom build, but he may have modeled it after the oberto beef jerky hydro.But it also looks like an old dragon fly. But i am not too sure. I got it from an estate sale from Leo's son. I am just to afraid to run it as i would hate to damage it. It fires right up. and i have a spare engine that will come with it. It weighs in at whopping 9.5 pounds. And is 42 x 21.5 inches. I am interested in Losi 5th scale hop ups. or an artr electric. Or feel free to offer what you might think I'd be interested in. Sorry for the long post. and if you have any questions just holler.325.00 shipped plus paypal fee obo

thanks.

andy

20160912_155732.jpg

20160912_155741.jpg

20160912_155756.jpg

20160912_155801.jpg

20160912_155816.jpg

20160912_155820.jpg

20160912_155831.jpg

Deal fell through. This hydro is still for sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree, looks to be a modded Dragon Fly 60. Looks like the builder used the kit as templates as the visible framing is too light of color to be mahogany, at least in the pictures. If I didn't have so many "irons in the fire" I would probably be interested. Unfortunately, I'd like to keep my marriage in tact too
default_unsure.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree, looks to be a modded Dragon Fly 60. Looks like the builder used the kit as templates as the visible framing is too light of color to be mahogany, at least in the pictures. If I didn't have so many "irons in the fire" I would probably be interested. Unfortunately, I'd like to keep my marriage in tact too
default_unsure.png
If you just want the hull ill give you a good deal.
default_wink.png

Back