7.5 OB straight tuned pipe??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZIonOB75

anybody makin' a straight tuned pipe for 7.5, or anybody has experienced with it...i saw onetime in the race but no chance to talk to the guy.

Not sure if this is similar to what you are talking about, but I ran this set-up about 6-7 years ago. Its a 3.5 but you get the idea. Its an andy brown nitro pipe and the motor loved it, but it was a pain. Getting the boat balance was a challenge, if you blew the boat over, you had to rebuild the entire pipe mount system no matter what you tried. It wasnt worth it to say the least. Now I just cut a straight pipe and have it welded in a J form.

This is on a OS, the AB nitro pipe.

DCP_0012.jpg

This is my current sey-up, Rossi with a Irwin nitro pipe (the one that every one wanted)

IMG_1290.jpg

~James

I have run several pipes with headers I had made up. Rather than a 90 degree straight back I would make a 180 to the right side and then a 90 to the rear. (3/4 inch tube close radius are hard to find)Kind of a rams horn and this would be about 4 1/2 inches of the total pipe. From there run your choice of pipes. Here the pipe runs about parallel to the piston. I also have run a 90 to the right and then a 90 to the rear to move the pipe closer to the boat and also lower to the water.

All this said I now would just buy a silver bullet or equivalent as in my opinion any HP gain might have been offset in handling. This all depends on what hull you have and how it corners. I like the weight of the pipe lower and closer to the transom.

thanks guys for the replies...i'm not sure what is that magic muffler,,this straight pipe i saw looks old school but works great though..i'm interested bout this coz my 7.5 rossi on htb hull set the tuned pipe low in correspond to the water line, havin problem when running in rough water coz the wake will hit the pipe causing lots of drag and even worst pulled out pipe...so thinkin if i have this pipe it will be very much streamlined.

thanks guys for the replies...i'm not sure what is that magic muffler,,this straight pipe i saw looks old school but works great though..i'm interested bout this coz my 7.5 rossi on htb hull set the tuned pipe low in correspond to the water line, havin problem when running in rough water coz the wake will hit the pipe causing lots of drag and even worst pulled out pipe...so thinkin if i have this pipe it will be very much streamlined.
Jul i have 2 diffrent magic pipes,your welcome to try them if you want.....Mikey

Believe Magic Mufflers were made only for K&B. If that is the case, then they won't fit on the Rossi he is using. Guess he could make them work!

Last edited by a moderator:
There must have been different version of the Magic Muffler as the versions I had (3.5 and 7.5) were both one piece only. Granted those could be chopped and made to work on a Rossi.

Jul, we just need to work on that SPP you have to make it work.

Latest posts

Back