6S LiPo Hydro prop suggestions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good Tony!

How wide is the tub? I have some sponsons at home that might make for a good EB rigger someday.

Hope to see it in action at the Winter Spectacular!

Scott,

tub is 110mm wide (but could be narrower).

I will definately be entering this one at the Winter Spectacular... looking forward to seeing some of the others that are supposed to be being built.

Thanks Tony.

I'm looking forward to WS also, I haven't seen any of these bigger electrics yet.

they are quite impressive Scott...

Andrew's 1/8 Scale was great...

And I definately drew some comments when I ran my first 6S rigger in NZ....

Ran today with Radar Gun..... 69 mph, consistent. This is running as-built, have not made any adjustments yet. I really believe that 75 is acheivable in an oval race trim.

But had a blowover and damaged the cowling, so put an end to testing.

I really need to make a plug and layup a fibreglass cowl, or vacuum form a polycarbonate one.

Jim saw it race on the weekend and it was right there

Tony won heat two with it - he actually made a legal start. Essentially the boat was competitive as it came of the workshop bench. It had the speed. It needs a little fin work and cog trimming. By then Tony should be seeing a little more speed from it - it will be very interesting.

Heres to the .45's telling him he has to race is .67

just got to fix a little damage after the boat dunked wneh duking it out in the 3rd heat. Only boom tubes and right sponson...

time for some design mods...

a work in progress

LOL you are right.

Its half baked cake!

However it is a very fast cake!!!

Cant wait till it reemerges from the Thorton Bakehouse.

dont know about online but RF fibreglass supplies carries it . ask for the light stuff or they will send you the gear to lay up full sizeboats.. LOL's

Jason

TJ,

Advanced Composites Pty Ltd

21 Waverley Dve

Unanderra 2526

NSW

Phone: 02 4272 3200

They have all sorts of CF and 'glass goodies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tim... Well Done on the CD front over the weekend mate.

Um... Boat ran well at the Winter Spectacular in Sydney, but changed prop in the last heat and puffed my TP 5000X LiPo. Temp was about 77 degrees Celcius.

Best run was with H5 and batts came out about 55 celcius, took back 3000mAHr (6 laps).

Speed was ok, but nothing like the 10S hydro that was beating us all. Keep an eye out for this one guys, I believe that a kit will be available shortly (Wolfe Racing Marine).

The 10S hydro actually held the fastest time of the meeting until the last round (1:02.35), but that got beaten by X-Hydro doing a 59.85.

Electrics are definately coming of age in Aus.

Here's the Vid of Round 2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tony. It was a team effort though - I couldn't have done it without a lot of help.

The open electric riggers certainly were performing to the highest standard during the event. Sorry to hear you puffed your 6S pack :( Once Paul fixed his rudder servo his boat and your's were both very fast considering the battery disadvantage you had.

The 10S boat was very, very impressive. (I was secretly hoping no-one beat that time - imagine the hype that would have generated!) Prior to that run the FTE was a 1.08something. Actually i think 4 classes ran 1.08's in the first round including Ian's FF21 in A hydro. There were some mighty fast boats competing and some excellent displays of driving!

Tim please convey my thanks to NSWMPBC for creating the open class at 2007 WS.

It exceeded my hopes that it would showcase what the new rules and technology allow.

Rod's time was excellent (and in a new boat).

I also noticed Tony's times with his 6S rigger would have been competitive in B or C hydro.

Will Do Andrew, and thanks again for your continued sponsorship of the event!

Yes - the 6S riggers put on a good display. I can see them getting faster in future too. Tony's time was good enough for most of the hydro classes - but Ian Inverarity's A hydro would have smoked it! :lol: :lol: That thing is seriously fast!

the rigger has had a motor transplant, due to the motor being used in a mono. I have squeezed a KB458XL 1700KV motor in. Ran it today for the first time....hmm I have a lot of work to do here. Looks like I may change back to a neu 1521 1Y motor.

... have squeezed a KB458XL 1700KV motor in. Ran it today for the first time....hmm I have a lot of work to do here. ..

Hello!

I also have a 6S rigger,but would like to make another one and put the KB45 8XL motor inside!

Why do you say that?What do you mean a lot of work....Can you explain me better!

Do you see a lot of difference?

Of course a 50$ motor as to be differet from another of 350$

You get what you pay...

Regards,an thanks for the input... ;)

yep, using a H4 prop, I am seeing currents of about 135-140A average..... too high for my 6S1P packs. And the boat was a lot slower. A lose-lose proposition. I will be trying some other stuff today, but ultimately I think it may get changed out.

Back