6S LiPo Hydro prop suggestions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope.. not a firefighter...

own design.

I am got the sponsons off a G3 WideBoy Kookaburra, but the Tub is purely mine.

Dimensions...

40" long

20" wide

Hoping for about 2.9-3.2Kg finished.

new pic

DSCN0247.JPG

looks nice ,

i likey very much ..

do you think these fast electrics actually need rear sponsons?

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim,

gets wet tomorrow hopefully.... weather permitting (pouring down at the moment). It's a club race day, so will probably just consist of a few laps, not major sorting out.

Jason...

the power system should be equivalent to a B-Hydro, but the weight is a little higher. I think this particular design will need the rear sponsons, mainly to carry the load of the tail...

fingers crossed eh!!

just gotta figure out how to program the failsafe on the XPS.

welll...it runs.

just did the one quick run today after the racing was over. Seems to have a pretty good turn of speed (lots of potential here), but the turn fin kept lifting the right sponson. Design change required here.

But all in all, I am a very happy camper!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

no video from today, but I will get some when it is sorted, along with some Radar speed measurements.

not to hyjack.

hey Raydee

have you got that 6xl working properly now ??

these boat they are running are alot bigger than the matrix's + rear sponsons

my kits finally here in OZ .. and im covered in glue and sandings ...

ill see if i can get a small short boat to work... :rolleyes:

Thanks

Jase

not to hyjack.hey Raydee

have you got that 6xl working properly now ??

these boat they are running are alot bigger than the matrix's + rear sponsons

my kits finally here in OZ .. and im covered in glue and sandings ...

ill see if i can get a small short boat to work... :rolleyes:

Thanks

Jase
Well I got the new 6XL in but so far I haven't run it in the rigger. I am finding with the 7XL and even a x632 prop that my amps are up at about 90ish. I am afraid that if I switch to the 6XL that I will be pulling to much. Let me know what you find that works good with the Matrix.

x6 32mm ...thats a little bubby prop..

these guys are running H5's or 45mm ! x2.7" pitch. huge by comparison.

h6 45.5 mm x 71mm 2.8" pitch

H7 47.5 mm x 72mm 2.85 pitch

Tony , have you guys tried the h6 and h7 with the dia reduced to 45 mm ??

just curious ... Aaron does a wicked H7 thats just a hooter , have a chat with him about one..

if you need to keep the amps in check perhaps a H2 .. stock, sharp and shiny .

Jason

props.JPG

Jason...

will try a few of those props you mentioned. I only have a H5 and a H10 at the moment (plus 642, 645, V9??). Mainly have larger nitro props. The H4 and the H2 sound interesting.

Well I got the new 6XL in but so far I haven't run it in the rigger. I am finding with the 7XL and even a x632 prop that my amps are up at about 90ish. I am afraid that if I switch to the 6XL that I will be pulling to much. Let me know what you find that works good with the Matrix.
found somwhere that a Neu 1527/1d needs to be run at around 180a for peak preformance,

That puts that motor out of the EB class for me.

so

we are talking 1521/1.5d's but still at 90% peak eff must be up there in amps to!!

with the 7Xl , 90 amps sound a little light unless the 7xl has an efficiancy of around 60% , that wouldnt supprise me , as they are a cost effective motor. not a premium job .. try to loose the pitch and go for the biggest dia , to settle it down a bit

two more props to consider ,Tony . if you could data log these at some point .

1614 abc (ideal) , 1814 abc (approaching max dia) , these would be interesting

i also have a v937 , that you could try , but all V9's need a realy high angle of attack on the front end.

Jason

I will do datalogging when I get a chance to go and do some serious testing. I think the V-series prop that I have is a V937, so yep, can try that as well.

will probably be looking to about 115-120A draw for the boat final racing setup.

Back