67 Size Engine Head Volumes?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Rappold

Supporting Member
I was thinking of machining several head buttons for a MAC 67 to try. Was curious what volume of the head buttons others found works well - even if not on a MAC? This would be 50 - 60% nitro fuel in an outrigger application.

Also what about head clearances?

Thanks in advance.

Mike Rappold

I was thinking of machining several head buttons for a MAC 67 to try. Was curious what volume of the head buttons others found works well - even if not on a MAC? This would be 50 - 60% nitro fuel in an outrigger application.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Rappold
there is more to it than that

transfers,exhaust,bore,stroke, head clearance,etc,to get the compression ratio you are looking for.change one and the ratio changes.marty's program will give you the info

Thanks in advance.

Mike Rappold
Mike:

Steve is correct, but I run 185 timing and my head button is .55cc and clearance is .013" which comes out to 9.6:1 CR.

Here's some specs for the CMB:

http://gallery.intlw...album=70&pos=88

The original "bathtub" head was 0.60cc but I like the newer "hemi" at 0.53.

Been playing with volumes as low as 0.44cc on my SAW boat and 70% nitro. :eek:

I run about 0.012" on everything. :)

Would be interesting to see what your Eagle Tree says about the head temp and EGT's with different heads. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back