6 Cell Mono Questions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know the weight of my monos but I am offering any assistance to your regarding N-1 and N-2 mono. I have ran them for yrs.

What kind of hull are you building/working on/thinking bout?

Many different prop and motor combos to choose from.

Planning on racing or sport running?

Good luck to you.

AAN said:
I dont know the weight of my monos but I am offering any assistance to your regarding N-1 and N-2 mono. I have ran them for yrs.

Good luck to you.
Does the Boss know you are web surfing at work? :D

KW

Thanks guys...you'll laugh your butts off when you hear this one.

JPK hull (yeah, the eBay one)

Epic Pro 13 turn...water cooled brush hoods and can

6 Sanyo RC 2400s

Kyosho mechanical speed controller (salvaged from a monster truck)

Combination of Fuller's and my own hardware

Octura X430 (stock) or Y531 (tongues removed) on direct flex drive

RTR (minus paint) - 38.7 oz.

Total investment - about $53

No racing, just fast fun.

Kevin Whitehead said:
AAN said:

Good luck to you.
Does the Boss know you are web surfing at work? :D

KW
UH I'll fire me tomorrow. Or at least give myself a big raise then lay me off!!!!

Budget fun gotta love it.....but why consider the weight for that cost?

A couple of estees rocket engines wouldnt weigh much and add alot of thrust!!!!

Man you gotta improvise.......blast deflectors....dont use aluminum the magnesium will really ignite your hull! Water doesn't stop it it's gotta be smothered.....anyone see the big fire in Cleveland last week or so ....

magnesium processing plant and it burned for days!!!!! You could see the light polution for 30 miles or more!!!!

but hey if you really want to rock gotta go off the deep end once in awhile!!!!!

woohhhhooooo its FRIDAY!!!! Can u tell im a little excited about the weekend?

Hahahahahahaha!!!

have agood one all!!

Well, I ran it today and was impressed with the speed. I think the battery pack is the weak link now. Run time is less than three minutes and the pack is VERY warm afterwards. Is this the compromise I have to contend with?

The wiring and speed control were cool and the motor temp was barely noticable.

Best performance was with the Y531 reduced to 1.08". Nice low roost. I'll run it again tomorrow and try for some action shots.

hmmmmmm,

as the reigning 6 cell mono world champ/baddest expert on 6 cell monos,

i concur that your problem lies with the battery pack. the immediate cure would be to carefully remove battery pack, motor, motor mount, and speed controller. then, carefully insert and epoxy in place plywood blocks, followed by the installation of one of your own .12 mounts. cruize around on the rc car section of ebay until you come across any Phantom, Sirio, Rossi, or good OS .12 engine for a decent price.

mount engine to engine mount, tighten collet on flexshaft, and adjust pushrod to connect to carb handle. install 4-6oz flextank in place of battery pack, and hook up the fuel lines. spray inside of hull with fuel-proof clearcoat. start engine, give boat a toss, and admire your huge speed increase, and the awesome smell of nitro which will clear colds/hangovers and force you ta spend the rest of your day at the pond.

good luck and see you at the FE internats where you will be sure ta break my record.

(btw im just playin with yall.....dont be hatin, feel free to diss gas or nitro anytime,

its all in good spirit ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
ROFLMAO! Just tryin' something different.

(hmmmmm........where DID I get that battery pack..........?) :p

If turning left isn't important....drop the left(port) side turn fin for less drag.

3300's are the bats you want for endurance.

3300's are NiMH, right? Don't have a charger.

I turn left and right at the little creek I run on.

First action shot...

Latest posts

Back