46 NR Outboard Flex Shafts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonShaw

Vendor
Hey,

I am having problems with the super flex shafts in my 46 Tunnel. They only last 3-4 heats. Never had problem with the K&B 45 motor. If I swap with some of my older heavy duty shafts, they seem to do just fine. Is there anyone out there having this issue with the super flex cables and any idea who still makes the heavy duty 3/16 flex cables? Kris Flynn?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron im pretty sure Kris has dies for the 3/16 cable.

My guess would be the extra torque and RPM that the nova delivers is the issue. As Aaron would say too many ponies
Yes, thats what I think as well Greg. Great problem to have, just need to come up with a solution. Had the same problem with 67-80 outboards as well. Faster boats bring about change in the basics, like keeping the top and bottom deck joined when you flip a tunnel going over 60 mph!!!!...... ;)

Ron,who makes the "super flex" cables you mention?
Larry,

The super-flex cables I have been using are K&B. I need heavier strand cables. Even though they are not as pliable, they are certainly stronger.

Larry,

I use Hyperperformance (David) for my other flex shafts for the Gas tunnel, and 20 tunnels, haven't tried his 7.5 flexes. I was trying to use up a stack of K&B's I have had for a while. Are his the heavier gage cables?

Look below. The cables on the right are breaking. They are K&B. The cables on the left are working. I want to get more of these with the heavier duty strands.

null_zps16824195.jpg

The Hyperformance cables I have look like the heavier cable in your photo. The Lawless cables have the heavier wire but are more of a dull silver color.

Latest posts

Back