45 rigger question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimD

Need to know what sort of fuel capacity is needed for 45 riggers??

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 3 45 riggers and the tank capacity is 12-14 oz for all of them and I have some left when I come back in. My F hydro with a very thirsty CMB 90 uses 18-20 oz per run. I'm with Ron!

John,

I have no intentions of de-railing this thread, but........

You say your CMB 90 uses 18-20 oz of fuel. What size tank are you using? I will have need of this info, hopefully by spring.

Tim,

I have a 13 oz tank in my Crapshooter, feeding a MAC45.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Brad Christy said:
John,

You say your CMB 90 uses 18-20 oz of fuel. What size tank are you using? I will have need of this info, hopefully by spring.

Tim,

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

75908[/snapback]

guys,

Thanks for your answers - Exactly what I needed to know.

Brad - I think that means you can de-rail the thread however you wish!!!

Brad Christy said:
John,

Tim,

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

75908[/snapback]

Brad,

About 21.5 oz. I usually burn off about 30 seconds before I fire it off in much cooler weather and with richer settings. I usually have about 2-4 oz left after a run. I have come back in on fumes however and I just burned some time off to give me a cushion. If you can get 22 oz in the tank you should be fine.

Are you jumping into the big gun terrority? What are you building/buying?

John

Hi Tim.

I ran 2 x 6oz tanks for my Picco and CMB 45's. I am currently running 2 x 8oz with the MAC 45 - just in case.

In my twin CMB 90 I have 2 x 16oz tanks and use about 12oz from each in a race. I like to be one of the first on the water so that is for a 'full' race.

See ya mate.

Wild Bill Annabel.

Thanks Bill,

I had heard the MAC 45 likes more fuel B)

Hey - you didn't hang around long yesterday - did you get a boat wet?

I love the new pond - it's awesome!

Tim.

:( Rough crowd !!

In NAMBA we have a 2 min start clock that means once buzzer rings you got 2 min to get on the water, Once the 2 mins is up you get another buzzer thats a 30 second start clock.

So 'IF" you get right out, you mill around for @1 1/2 min or so, then step it up and make a running dash for 30 seconds ........ then race full out for 1 mile = 6 laps.

Make a boey cut or lane infraction ? .. 1 lap added per infraction.

Have to make the mill running a tad heavy on the throttle + some infractions ... "IF"

And you very likely will run out of fuel in a .45 with 16OZ on board.

In an average heat, say my roadrunner .45 with @ 1 1/2 Min of mill + 30 seconds + @ 1:20 race time for 1 mile will run over 12 laps typically + more if suffering from infractions.

:p In .21 boats (Picco P-5's) all I ever carried was 8OZ, and in most races came back to the beach with 2 or 3 oz still in the tank ... Sense running Mac .21, I carry 10 oz and come in with 2 oz or 3 oz with no infractions

:blink: So let me ask you this: How many laps will your .45 powered boat run @ 2 min at 60% to 70% power and @ 1 1/2 min or so flat out ?

:rolleyes: Scott

TimD said:
Thanks Bill,I had heard the MAC 45 likes more fuel  B)

Hey - you didn't hang around long yesterday - did you get a boat wet?

I love the new pond - it's awesome!

Tim.

75918[/snapback]

Hay Tim you woul,t be building a 45 rigger would you .

I have been using 13.5 oz and this is not enough to run a full race if you go in erly i have to find room for a biger tank or go slower. :blink: :blink: :blink:

Spent 2 hours dragging the Drivers Stand round to the new pond - set it all up and then started to play boats. Great venue isn't it!

Put the 45 - the one with the 16ozs. of fuel - in the water. Did 3 laps slowly leaning down and as soon as it took off - so did the bloody pipe. Made the first offering to the new pond god of a 45 Macs pipe complete with Lenny Blake muffler.

Only took one boat so not much use hanging around - so raced home to watch the last round of the V8 Super Car racing.

And to Scott - we do the same thing mate - those of us at your nats this year found no problem in completeing a race, even launching at the start of pit time.

Wild Bill.

Hey Paul,

Was asking the question for a friend - I don't have a 45 but maybe one day when I finish the 67 sprint I might start thinking about one....

Having said that I'd be buying a boat so won't need tank dim's B)

How'smy cowl coming along?

Tim.

Wild Bill said:
Spent 2 hours dragging the Drivers Stand round to the new pond - set it all up and then started to play boats. Great venue isn't it!
Put the 45 - the one with the 16ozs. of fuel - in the water. Did 3 laps slowly leaning down and as soon as it took off - so did the bloody pipe. Made the first offering to the new pond god of a 45 Macs pipe complete with Lenny Blake muffler.

Only took one boat so not much use hanging around - so raced home to watch the last round of the V8 Super Car racing.

And to Scott - we do the same thing mate - those of us at your nats this year found no problem in completeing a race, even launching at the start of pit time.

Wild Bill.

75925[/snapback]

If it's any consolation I broke a sponson and donated about 10 plugs to the pond monster - not close to a pipe and muffler though!

Jeez Tim, us ozzies are at work right now, do you actually do anything or just sit there firing off Intwaters messages!

Ops - have to go, my boss just walked in.

Seeya.

Wild Bill - any-one got any cheap 45 pipes?

Wild Bill said:
Jeez Tim, us ozzies are at work right now, do you actually do anything or just sit there firing off Intwaters messages!
Ops - have to go, my boss just walked in.

Seeya.

Wild Bill - any-one got any cheap 45 pipes?

75929[/snapback]

Bill,

You need to get a job in the IT game! Internet is an essential tool of the trade.

Besides I can talk on the phone and type at the same time! I'm multiskilled!

I love my Job!

Tim.

P.S I thought you were the boss - unless you mean the Minister for Finance :lol:

Yeh - never work with your wife.

She keeps asking 'is that work or model boat stuff'.

They can be so disrespectfull - can't they. It's a different story when it comes to her Teddy Bear stuff, I can tell you.

Now come mate - time you got back to work and gave your boss some of the precious time he is paying you for.

Pipe-less Wild Bill.

Wild bill you should hire Tim so he can do all you surfing and the wifey would never now and Tim would keep you up to speed on thing's that you bought :lol: :lol:

Back