45 nova rossi outboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Bob,

I wouldn't buy any other ! Best design, best manufacturing materials, best performance and Glenn is just the best guy to deal with. In the attached video-link the engine is still running a little rich but I'm thrilled with it's performance.

My 2 cents worth!

7.5-F1.jpg

IMG_5209.JPG

nice running 40 tunnel ,,,,did you do any modifications ? ....how long have you had the boat ?....thanks....bob

Hi Bob and Joey,

Thanks for the comps, I built the boat about two years ago but have not done much running with it yet. It has won a few 12 lap club race-day heats and we're currently in our Winter recess until early August when our new race season starts till early May again next year. We don't have snow here in Cape town but it's cold enough (between 10 and 15 C) with heavy wind and lots of rain.

My engine is stock standard out-the-box and I now run a carbon pipe from Jeremy at Salisbury Pipes in Australia.

The lower is the 7.5 Lawless unit, as is the Gas sized lower on my GS480 gas OB tunnel. (See a few photos of my gas tunnel below.)

Kind regards,

18-JAN-GS480.jpg

IMG_5210.JPG

IMG_4644.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
anybody else care to share their opinions about the nova rossi 46 outboard ?....thanks....bob

I have not seen a reason to replace my Nelsons with a NR yet. Everyone gets hyped up and so far I don't see them dominating heat racing. Yes they are a quality piece of machining but so is a Nelson. The NR is a small bore long stroke .45, and time will tell if it is a truly better motor. Lets see what it does for lap times at a time trial before it is crowned.

Mic

Bob,

Gary Pruese at G&M models is the one to contact for Nelson parts. PM me if you need his contact info.

As stated Gary Pruesse is a Nelson dealer and the other is John Otto of Technology Hobbies. Unfortunately Henry Nelson is semi-retired and has parts in stock but probably won't be making any new engines when his stock of crankcases runs out. A minimum run for casting which he has to have done by another company is 50 cases to be cost effective and the demand in the past few years doesn't justify making another run. Much like K&B eventually the supply will dry up and it is not profitable to make larger outboard marine engines for a small following. ,45 tunnels are far from dead but not growing well. OS has saved .21's with a quality motor and lower unit.

Mic

Latest posts

Back