.45 Microburst setup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racerdude

Hi all -

I am working on my .40 Microburst boat, and I am ready to drill the holes for the engine mount. The instructions say to put the center of the cylinder 14 1/2" from the transom. That seems pretty far back when you look at it. Seems to me it ought to be around 16" from the transom (closer to the fron of the boat). I've seen these boats be pretty loose if not set up correctly, and it seems that the more weight in the front of the boat the better.

Additionally, the carb air intake is not covered by the deck when it is at 14 1/2". If it really is supposed to be at 14 1/2", do you make a plastic cover to shield the carb from water?

Thanks in advance -

Jay

Jay, wrong forum but go according to what the instructions say. You're lucky that you could read yours, mine were difficult at best to read, especially where measurements were concerned.

If you feel that you need a shield, build one. I've run 3 different engines in mine, a Kalistratov, OS and now a Picco, all with forward facing carbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I BUILT MINE TO THE PLANS AND RUNS PERFECT. I HAVE THE FACTORY COWL AT HOME NEVER USED I WILL SELL FOR $20.00

Any further thoughts? Anyone have pictures of the water shield over the carb?

Thanks

Jay

YEAH I GOT A GREAT THOUGHT STAY OUT IN FRONT BE OPTIMISTIC AND DONT WORRY ABOUT ANY SSPRAY.

Talkin' smack already, eh? You better out something over your carb to shield it from my roostertail.....oh, I forgot....you won't be close enough for my roostertail to even hit you....

Gunna be ready on Sunday Jay?

To race sport .21 and A Mono, sure, I'll be ready. The Microbusrt won't be ready by Sunday, though.

J

Move it forward mine is under the opening and i still have stick on weights on the nose of mine.Keep it low also so your belt just fits under the pulley.The end of my pipe doesnt go past the transom either cmd quiet pipe.If you need a picture email me.

Back