44" hull setup?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjm102

G'day

I have just purchased a 44" hull with some hard ware. I know nothing about these boats....... well I don't know much about boat's in general.

All I know is it is 44" long with 5" rails and I got a surface drive, trim tabs and turn fins with it.

I would like some suggestions with the additional parts and setup of the engine etc

Cheers

Chris

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to all!

Next time I'll be more specific. I understand that my question was very hard to answer.

The boat is 44" long, 12" wide and 3.75" deap at the rear.

I just didn't know what engine to use. A large nitro or a Zenoah G231 or the older 2 port 23cc version. Modified or not. Or go to the larger capacity 260. My understanding is that it is not a large hull and don't know how much power it will be able to handle. I just don’t know!

Here is some photos of the hull if you want a look.

Thanks.

It looks to be a seaducer. If it say Seaducer Boats on the inside. Go to

www.seaducerboats.com FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.

From looking at the Pics a 67-80 Nitro engine would be best. It looks like a Microburst or something very close to it... Most basic gas boats are 45 inches with a Large free board (side) of the boat and are considerable wider than this boat in the pic.. if you are looking for hardware? the Extended hardware like a kit for Microburst 67-80 would work well. I might be able to help you if you need a few Used extended Transom hardward parts like Strut & Rudder assembly. Joe.

Hi

I did a little research about the boat (I asked the guy that I purchased it from) and he said that there is only three of these hulls made and they are made locally in Australia. The others run a modified Zenoah 231 and run a small trim tab on the RHS only, because they are a deep V, a surface drive and a small turn fin.

I think that I’ll take the advice of the designer of the hull and run a Zenoah.

Thanks for the interest.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

If I were you, I would get in touch with a club in your area. Tim Duggan :ph34r: is in the Sydney area and he could probably help you find the right club. Being a member of your local club will save you time,money and effort.

Also you could look at the AMPBA website www.ampba.asn.au . It has links to some clubs and model shops etc.

Good luck :) ,

Peter

Back