42" Micro Motor compatibility

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedway

I currently have a MAC67 in my 42" Microburst (5 inch rails). Would I be able to swap this motor out for something like a CMB90 and up to a 101? Would i need to re-dril the motor mount? Can i keep the same flex and stuffing tube?

Im looking to sell a few of my other boats in the hopes of getting a larger motor (Dont race, just have fun) and wonder what the comparison i would see. Any ideas?

I currently have a MAC67 in my 42" Microburst (5 inch rails). Would I be able to swap this motor out for something like a CMB90 and up to a 101? Would i need to re-dril the motor mount? Can i keep the same flex and stuffing tube?
Im looking to sell a few of my other boats in the hopes of getting a larger motor (Dont race, just have fun) and wonder what the comparison i would see. Any ideas?
Speedway,

Probably not. The CMB 91/101RS motors are wider then the Mac and CMB hydro motors. Also, the RS motors have a larger diameter flywheel which will limit how low you an set it in the boat. Hole spacing is also different. Better off purchasing a new set of mounts and reworking the stuffing tube. I did the opposite switch, went from a 91RS to a 91HR in my SD3. Hydro motor sits about a 1/4" lower and more parallel in the hull.

Although not the best pics, take a look in my gallery at the SD3 which has pics of both the RS and HR motors.

Seaducer SD3 90 nitro

Tyler

Back