40mhz frequency band?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boaterbill

From looking in the IMPBA rule book, no mention of 40. We can use 75-26-27.

I never asked what frequency the radio & pcm receiver were on. Got radio noticed the radio module said 40mhxz, the pcm receiver also 40mhz.

Word of caution for buying radios on the web, ask where the seller is from, and what freqency radio and receiver are on. Live and learn. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bill,

40mhz is legal for racing here in Australia - Don't think it is legal in the US.

What sort of radio is it for - I can see if I can find someone who may be interested in the module and RX if you like B)

Tim

Look in the for sale. Hitec & Futaba interchange.

But here it is

Futaba radio module ch 63 40mhz

Futaba PCM 1024 FP-R113iP 3ch micro RX ch63 40mhz

Take $80 for both, I'll pay shipping. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on FCC reg's in the IMPBA rule book the only 26MHz frequency allowed is 26.995 & for 27MHz its 27.045 to 27.225. Using 75MHz is from 75.41 to 75.99

If you hold a valid Amatuer Radio License on 6 Meter you can use 50MHz or 53MHz. I wouldn't run on either as they are considered "dirty" frequencies.

Don, thanks. I run all my stuff on 75mhz. Bought the radio from a guy in Canada, never thought to ask about the frequency. When the radio & RX got here, I ordered ch module from Tower, when I changed the module, I noticed the one in the radio said 40mhz so did the RX say 40mhz. Live and learn. Don't know if the guy in Canada knew this or not, my fault for not being more attentive to what I am doing. Live and learn. :rolleyes:

Back