40 motors

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gator 340

I'm just wondering, that in everybodys opinion, what is the best 40 motor out there? I know Rossi's and K&B'S can scream when you do the right set- ups/ mods. But have any of you had any luck with other motors such as the Nelson? I know you probably won't give away your "secrets" :ph34r: , but just steer me in the right way of the motor.

Thanks for some input,

Brandon

Last edited by a moderator:
Twin CMB 21s on the back my Vision 40 have out run all I have come across. They also leave a deeper hole behind for others to try and get around.

Nigel.

Nelson are fast but grenade's , spend some of that money and buy novarossie 46.

How's my wood boat ?

How's my wood boat ?
Nova seemed like a good deal, but then you throw in that 300 dollar OB conversion kit, it's not woth it. Maybe cheaper kit, and that might be an option.

And that woodstuff? it's sitting in the shop collecting dust, lol.

Brandon

If your not going to use it bring it to the tunnel champs , I could use it for a nother project I have in mind ,but if your going to use it

Don't wrong about it,

Get Kevin to build you one of those bad a.. Rossie's

They are all grenades and when you start cutting the crankshaft you shorten the fuse. Shawn Junker has a ten year old Nelson that runs very well and the only Nelsons I have lost have been due to cutting the cranks, Made in the USA and not overpriced with a pto that bolts up. K&B's can be reinforced with a crankase girdle and run as fast as anything. Rossi are very capable and well built and in the right hands they run. You have SmartMonkey in your back yard do that would be the logical choice. Horsepower is important but setup, balance and propellor trumps it.

Mic

They are all grenades and when you start cutting the crankshaft you shorten the fuse. Shawn Junker has a ten year old Nelson that runs very well and the only Nelsons I have lost have been due to cutting the cranks, Made in the USA and not overpriced with a pto that bolts up. K&B's can be reinforced with a crankase girdle and run as fast as anything. Rossi are very capable and well built and in the right hands they run. You have SmartMonkey in your back yard do that would be the logical choice. Horsepower is important but setup, balance and propellor trumps it.

Mic
Haha, I was thinking about grabbing up a Rossi and letting Smart Monkey mess with it. I'm just seeing what al you guys have to say, And yes, set up and everything that goes along with it is by far the most important part to a boat, Engines may give you speed, but without a worthy boat, thats nothing. I have a K&B on my boat right now, actually, on the back of that HTV soon. But thats my dads back- up motor so I'm in need of my own.

If your not going to use it bring it to the tunnel champs , I could use it for a nother project I have in mind ,but if your going to use it

Don't wrong about it,

Get Kevin to build you one of those bad a.. Rossie's
Alright, I''l have to see what my dad says and what he wants to do with it. And that seems to be the best option right now, but I got to weigh out all the options.

Mic
Mic me and Terry have broke stock cranks to ,they lasted longer than cut cranks but they broke to

Mic
Mic me and Terry have broke stock cranks to ,they lasted longer than cut cranks but they broke to
If it can be abused you and Terry definately qualify. I still will take a Nelson over anything I have seen yet. Time will tell if the Nova will be any faster. Gettin close and time to put new bearings in everything for the race. Looking forward to seeing you guys in a couple months.

Mic

How's my wood boat ?
Nova seemed like a good deal, but then you throw in that 300 dollar OB conversion kit, it's not woth it. Maybe cheaper kit, and that might be an option.

Brandon
Brandon

Maybe you should make a conversion. Take all the CAD time, materials used (including job specific tools) and all the time spent in running various machinery. You would come to the conclusion $300 is a STEAL!

TL

I hope to test my Novarossi .46 outboard soon, and have it ready for the worlds.
I'm really interested in seeing how thats gonna run. 80 mph out the box in a rigger is pretty impressive, but can a tunnel handle it is what I'm wondering. If it works, this could bring a whle new level to 40 motors/ boats as we've all previously thought. I wouldnt mind seeing some videos of yours whenever you get it done, so maybe post another thread about it or post some trials of it whenever it's done if you would. That would definetley be interesting to see one run.

How's my wood boat ?

Brandon
Brandon

Maybe you should make a conversion. Take all the CAD time, materials used (including job specific tools) and all the time spent in running various machinery. You would come to the conclusion $300 is a STEAL!

TL
Well, thats true. I can't say i know what the costs are to make it and how hard it is. But 700 dollars is a little out of my price range considering I'm only 13 about to be 14. Maybe save some of my pennies and then will see how 700 dollars looks. ;)

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

I do not think my brother Tim knew how old you were. Tell you what. I like helping youth out that are in the hobby. If you want to run a NR. I will help you out with a deal that you will not be able to refuse on a OB conversion kit. :D

there ya go ;) !! one more reason i love IW :D . see ya in chucytown kid, with a new nr in your trailer :ph34r: ......

Hi Brandon,

I do not think my brother Tim knew how old you were. Tell you what. I like helping youth out that are in the hobby. If you want to run a NR. I will help you out with a deal that you will not be able to refuse on a OB conversion kit. :D
Brandon

I apologize, I thought you were an old fart like most of us on here. It takes a lot of time to make the conversion kits. I tell you what, PM Mark "lights". If he is not going to give you one free (due to being a young man in the hobby) I will make up the difference . You have to promise us one thing. That you will use it to kick some but!!!

TL

Hi Brandon,

Well that might be a pretty interesting idea, A nova would be sweet, that would be really awesome of you to do that. Maybe now save my pennies for a motor and see what you could work out for me and I might have to take you up on that. :D

THANKS for the offer,

Brandon.

Hi Brandon,

Brandon

I apologize, I thought you were an old fart like most of us on here. It takes a lot of time to to make the conversion kits. I tell you what. PM Mark "lights". If he is not going to give gou one free (due to being a young man in the hobby) I will make up the difference . You have to promise us one thing. That hou will use it to kick some but!!!

TL
Now thats got to be the best thing anyone has offered to do for me. You don't have to apologize for what you said, I can understand where your coming from, half the guys on here are older than dirt, just look at my dad and uncle. :p It's lookin like I'll have to save up those pennies for sure now, Thanks again, If i get it, I'll show them guys what a real boat's suppose to run like. B)

Ya'll are some great guys, thanks again

Brandon

And get your own account on here Brandon... GEEZ! Yall dont have to share EVERYthing...lol.

Latest posts

Back