3rd channel needle bases

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don, do you have a base with the mount tab perpindicular/90 degrees to the inlet & outlet ? for mounting flat, with the hose barbs pointing up.

don, do you have a base with the mount tab perpindicular/90 degrees to the inlet & outlet ? for mounting flat, with the hose barbs pointing up.
Popcorn Norris, just mount the assembly on a small piece of 90 with fittings pointing up. See Don, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. :lol: :lol:

due to limited room on the transom of one of my ob tunnels, that option would be a pain in the azz. to lay it flat on the top of the transom, would be the easiest/best option for my setup. i could make a mount, but why add weight and extra parts?????

due to limited room on the transom of one of my ob tunnels, that option would be a pain in the azz. to lay it flat on the top of the transom, would be the easiest/best option for my setup. i could make a mount, but why add weight and extra parts?????
Weight and extra parts is the least of your problems, you got to learn to drive in the right direction. Tunnel champ racers, be afraid, be very afraid. :lol: :lol: :lol:

How much could a little piece of aluminum for a bracket to hold the base actually weigh? I think it may be a non issue considering the size of the needle base. ;)

thanx, don. not having rails, or a tub - i.e. a vertical surface, limits my options. having one end of the fuel system turning (the motor), and trying to fit between the tank and motor and cowl ( about 1 1/8") along with steering and throttle controls presents a challenge for adding more stuff (bracket). not saying i can't do it, just see a possibility of a cleaner, simpler way.......

thanx, don. not having rails, or a tub - i.e. a vertical surface, limits my options. having one end of the fuel system turning (the motor), and trying to fit between the tank and motor and cowl ( about 1 1/8") along with steering and throttle controls presents a challenge for adding more stuff (bracket). not saying i can't do it, just see a possibility of a cleaner, simpler way.......
Email me a pic or two of the area you're talking about placing it. ;)

Hey Robin,

I make a little L bracket out of carbon fiber angle. About 3/8"on each leg and mount the base ontop of the transom with the barbed fittings straight up. On occasion,I'll add a 90* fitting instead for fit. The carbon weighs next to nothing and the weight of 2 #4 machine screws and nuts are all you're adding. I've also used 1/8" aluminum and tapped it for the base.No nuts that way.

As Don can probably agree, I've mounted more of his bases than the normal average boater. :)

I can also send you a pic this eve if you would like.

They're great little bases!

Worth the work to install for sure. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanx, walt. i've got one of don's bases in use now, that's why i want more :D ! was hoping for a perpindicular one, though. i can mount what he has, just would be nice to mount right on top of the transom with no bracket. clean, strong & simple B) .

Robin, Unless you get a two piece 90 ( weight ) the spacing on the holes is too close to spin the second 90 on. At 8/32 it was a ***** for Don to locate enough straight fittings. Like Walt said, they work so well, it's worth the effort to make it work as is. Bluebelly Ray :eek: :eek:

if i do anything other than a bracket, it would be to cut the mount tab off and have one tig welded on B) .

Back