3rd channel needle bases

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'll keep jethro away from the torches :lol: :lol: . i know an excellent welder, he will "stitch weld" it to avoid too much heat. 2 little tack welds, one on each corner would probably do.

don, no pics, but do you make a righty & a lefty? mount tab on opposite sides :rolleyes: . saw another, no bracket option.

if i do anything other than a bracket, it would be to cut the mount tab off and have one tig welded on B) .
Robin,

I wouldn't do it.........

It's Aluminum and it will dissipate the heat throughout the entire part immediately.

I don't care who's doing it.It will warp slightly.You might not notice it with your eye,but it will.

I've got over 30 years in Tig, I've done Military Aluminum welding and have 10 people ornamental tig welding in my shop full time.

Sh#t happens with heat. Save yourself some aggravation and make a small bracket.

Just my $.02

i've already had one done, no issues. we found a peice of brass that was threaded the same as the base. threaded it in snug and tacked both corners. waited a while, and tacked the middle. works great. checked turning torque with an in./oz. torque wrench before and after, no change/bind. and with flow meter at 1 & 2 turns open, again, no change, before and after. thanx for the caution, walt, but i do check to see what i screwed up with my "experiments" B) . they don't all work out just rite :unsure: :lol: .

Last edited by a moderator:
same thought on the villain, only on the inside. yes, it's for a villain. my motor mount will be where yours is mounted on the transom. got to go to the post office and pick it up today :D . i'd like to mount it like your woodstuff, but you know how a villain with a grim cell lacks that amount of room..........

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom 3rd channel needle bases for use with the OS remote needle. Ultra compact & extremely accurate-<a href="http://www.jackrabbitracing.com/needlebase.htm" target="_blank">http://www.jackrabbitracing.com/needlebase.htm</a>

B)
Hi Don, I'd like to order one of the needle bases. . Please send a price with shipping. Thank's, Glenn
Glenn the bases are $22 each, what motor size??
sorry Don, .67. p.n. 71703009 comes with two needles. Use the short or long one? Pay pal o.k.? Thank's, Glenn

Latest posts

Back