36" Hybrid Tunnel (What is it?)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaddySundown

36" Hybrid Tunnel (What is it?)

I raced this hull last year. It was badly damaged, practically cut in half and the cowl literally exploded, in the last race. > :( I restored it using a part of a cowl from another boat. I built the canopy myself. It lives to run and win again.

Does anyone recognise what hull it is and what cowl was used? ;D

Re:36" Hybrid Tunnel (What is it?)

hummm

prather lapcat with a ..... rats cant remember the cowl. i dont think it is made anymore....

for some reason witchcraft comes to my mind for the cowl..... but i might be totally insane :-X

Looks like a Lee Craft hull and back canopy, with a

Lap Cat front canopy ????

What do I know, i'm a newbee !!!

Definetly not a Leecraft. The nose is to short. The cowl is all wrong. The way the sponson taper from front to back is different. There are some characteristics that lead me to believe it may be one of the many splashes that were done to the XT-460 over the years.

Mike

The boat is a Aerotech. I have been running mine since 1990 and it still runs great. I like the cowling that you have made for it. It gives the boat a totally different look.

I don't know if these are still being made but I have seen some appear on e-bay every once in awhile. But, now that you know what you have I'm sure that others on here will help you find out the info that you need.

Ron D

A little clarification here.

The cowl that you have is also a Aerotech. I was refering to the canapy that you had made.

Well Ron you know your tunnels. It is in fact an Aero Tech but the cowl is from a HTB 360 that I had cut to fit. ;D

I like the way this hull runs and handles thats why I restored it. It handles rough water better that most.

I want to thank Mark Hopper for providing me with the new cowl and radio box.

Thank you Mark and thank you Ron for your input.

Alan

Alan,

Your right! I only looked at the boat and the nose of the cowl to see that it was a Aerotech. Now that I look closer I can also see that you did use a HTB for the rest of the cowl. It looks great. I will keep that in mind if any future repairs are needed on mine.

Also I think that it is great that people like Mark Hopper are unselfish and are willing to provide parts of their hull (cowl) to people that do not have their boat if that will help them out. It is people like that who keep this hobby a hobby.

Ron

Back