3280 OPS Pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bert Dygert

Guys,

I have a Black Jack 20 hydro with a CMB Valvola 06 Red Head in it with the VAC back plate and carb. The motor is stock for now. I am having trouble getting the boat to launch with a stock 1445 with the tongues removed and the new CMB 21 Pipe. I would like to try the OPS 3280 Pipe but don't know where to start with the pipe length. I've been running the CMB Pipe at 7 3/4 to 8 inches.

This is my first season running a rigger and a 21 motor. I run 1/8th scales and sport 40's so it's been a learning curve to say the least this summer. Doesn't work the same with opening the fuel and let the bigger motors eat. Small motors want to wind-up alot more and use less cooling.

When the boat launches it runs great. I looking for constistency now.

Thanks for help

Bert Dygert

My blackjack runs ok with a 3.2 cup 1445 with the strut level with the rears. Have ran ops 3280@ 77/8ths with green head valvola. Andy Brown fat pipe@ 73/8ths with same prop. Not familiar with 06 valvola. I ran a ZOOM carb on my valvola. I know some were upgrading 06 valvola with later model piston and liner. I have tried new VAC style induction but test results are inconclusive because i havnt tested for over two months. Hope this helps. Richard D

One more thing i forgot to mention...... i tried running strut deeper (below rear sponsons) and that set-up loaded motor to much, even at longer pipe setting. The little motors like the nitro. 60% and up in my opinion. Richard D

Bert,

Try a smaller diameter propeller(1714,1716,H-4,H-5)

Start at 8" and move in from there. If you need more

help call me Bert.

Bert,

I sent you a: 1716, H-4, and a H-10 one of these or all three

should get you more consistant.

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

I have a Black Jack 20 hydro with a CMB Valvola 06 Red Head in it with the VAC back plate and carb. The motor is stock for now. I am having trouble getting the boat to launch with a stock 1445 with the tongues removed and the new CMB 21 Pipe. I would like to try the OPS 3280 Pipe but don't know where to start with the pipe length. I've been running the CMB Pipe at 7 3/4 to 8 inches.

This is my first season running a rigger and a 21 motor. I run 1/8th scales and sport 40's so it's been a learning curve to say the least this summer. Doesn't work the same with opening the fuel and let the bigger motors eat. Small motors want to wind-up alot more and use less cooling.

When the boat launches it runs great. I looking for constistency now.

Thanks for help

Bert Dygert
Bert start at 8 1/2 first then go from there. Its better to start at long then start at short size. then find out it you cut it to short.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, Bert, start at 8 5/8 inches. LOL, im just kidding man. Figured I would toss another number in there for you to start at :p Mr. Wood or Mr. Sholund have VERY sound advise...

Back