Seaducer /CMB 45 PIPE Choice

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been running my 45EVO Seaducer with the CMB NITRO pipe at 10 1/4 from the plug with good performance.
Looking for info on the OPS 6280 Pipe and the NR nitro pipe which I also have. My props are the ABC 1914 2014 and Oct X450x3.
Always looking for performance tips.

Tim, the NR 46 un-muffled is almost identical to the OPS 6280 if I recall right, I think the 6280 was originally a 60 pipe that we ran on our OS Max 46 motors before Jim Irwin developed his pipe/pipes.
The NR46 pipes both muffled and un-muffled are the same pipe except for the can and extra stinger. The muffled pipe stinger needs to be opened up or you may cut the can off and use a aftermarket muffler.

Tim, the NR 46 un-muffled is almost identical to the OPS 6280 if I recall right, I think the 6280 was originally a 60 pipe that we ran on our OS Max 46 motors before Jim Irwin developed his pipe/pipes.
The NR46 pipes both muffled and un-muffled are the same pipe except for the can and extra stinger. The muffled pipe stinger needs to be opened up or you may cut the can off and use a aftermarket muffler.

John, I think the 6280 has more volume than the NR46....also, the NR has somewhat of a 2 stage baffle on it- very similar to the CMB AB nitro pipe. 6280 works very well on the 45 RS EVO.

Tim, all my stuff is packed for FL so I don’t have my log books handy but I had the 2 pipes laying side by side to make sure they would both mount on my new 4” boat. When Aaron Alberico did the pipe development for NR the can on the muffled pipe the stinger ID was to be .393 but the production pipe was well under size and didn’t run as good as the in-muffled pipe, ran hotter and seemed we were always chasing the needle. NR muffled pipe is only a can tapered down to a second stinger. When you cut the can off you can’t tell it from the in-muffled pipe. Jeff Schindler and I were conversing on IW and Aaron entered the thread and shared his info, by drilling open the stinger made both pipes run the same. It’s been decades since I ran the OPS 60 pipe on a 40. Thought I’d give it a try along with a CMB 40 pipe.

Tim, all my stuff is packed for FL so I don’t have my log books handy but I had the 2 pipes laying side by side to make sure they would both mount on my new 4” boat. When Aaron Alberico did the pipe development for NR the can on the muffled pipe the stinger ID was to be .393 but the production pipe was well under size and didn’t run as good as the in-muffled pipe, ran hotter and seemed we were always chasing the needle. NR muffled pipe is only a can tapered down to a second stinger. When you cut the can off you can’t tell it from the in-muffled pipe. Jeff Schindler and I were conversing on IW and Aaron entered the thread and shared his info, by drilling open the stinger made both pipes run the same. It’s been decades since I ran the OPS 60 pipe on a 40. Thought I’d give it a try along with a CMB 40 pipe.

Yes, Aaron was the one who told me to drill out the stinger and run the pipe in the 8.5" range.

The 6280 is quite popular in Sport 40 with the RS EVO engine.

Latest posts

Back