32" racing tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k&b guy

never hear anything about this hull. bought one used about 15 yrs. ago w/ stock 7.5 k&b. fast, handles good, but never had anything to compare it to. lousy design or just outdated?

never hear anything about this hull. bought one used about 15 yrs. ago w/ stock 7.5 k&b. fast, handles good, but never had anything to compare it to. lousy design or just outdated?
What hull are we looking at?

Do you have any pics?

Dan.

You don't hear about them because they're very old. I bought one for a boating bud about 14 years ago, had to

have a "turn fin" (like a hydro) to get it around a racing course. Now if you can find a Dumas Sprint (Wood), you

can enjoy some of the more recent "Golden Years" of model boat design and get around the course too.

I remember seeing a site that still sells them, probably @ "Dumas",

You don't hear about them because they're very old. I bought one for a boating bud about 14 years ago, had to

have a "turn fin" (like a hydro) to get it around a racing course. Now if you can find a Dumas Sprint (Wood), you

can enjoy some of the more recent "Golden Years" of model boat design and get around the course too.

I remember seeing a site that still sells them, probably @ "Dumas",

This hull was made by Prathar wasnt it? Marty has 3 of these things, and 2 of them run pretty good. Very fun boats to just "beat around" with.

Guy, what you have is a Prather 32" Lap Cat. It was a popular boat in the 80's.

Aparently it has a turn fin, cause you said it turns good.

Jerry is correct, all Prather tunnels require turn fins.

Nope, they're only offering the "cowl" @ Dumas,, too bad, they would be a great fun boat.

Jerry Dunlap probably has some prints for a Wood Over Foam 7.5 boat if you like to build,

possibly plans for the sprint ,or somebody always has something laying around that they

might part with, Aerotech, Bandit,, who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
it does have a turn fin. bought it used, so it might have been aftermarket. your right, made by prather. it`s not a lap cat. this has an enclosed cowl. might be same hull though. i guess no one even runs them for sport anymore. never hear of em. tnx. CARTER

Back