3.5 sd3 seaducer

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly Miller

I have a new sd3 seaducer with a rs w7 cmb that I am setting up and just wanted to get some feedback on what anyone else is experiencing. the prop that came with it seems to have a bit too much blade area. I have not had a lot of real quality time to tweek it in, some a week before our race last weekend and then during the race. the rs w7 lost all piston fit almost instantly and I did get the liner squeezed to improve fit and goit the engine running much better. the prop it came with (which I should take a picture and post) I do not recognize except to say the blades are rounded tip and I would kinda describe the blades as clover leaf. looks to me like it was desighned to kill transom lift. the bottom appears to have a bit more hook than my older 3.5 seaducer which absolutely ripped. I have some things I am going to do that I am sure will get the boat going but just wanted to see what anyone else had experienced.

I did get the boat to "Run" when I had some good chop 3 weeks ago and the boat had some very good speed but would not stay up on pipe...I would have to lean it down to get it up then richen it up but it would still only run a short time before falling down again..in fact if I stayed a wot it would die. did switch to a qhp cooper pipe also.

Thanks

Kelly,

The propeller is most likely a 1614/3 Chopper from ABC.

Try back cutting the trailing edge of the propeller some, or

try a X-437/3 or X-440/3 to get it set up. Some of the 1614/3's

have too much cup in them for a mono.

Good Luck Testing,

Mark Sholund

Kelly;

If in fact the prop is a 1614/3 Mark can do some great work on it for you.

I had purchased one from him and experienced the same thing you are, boat/engine would not pull it, If I stayed wide open, it would run with ok speed,

but if i can off of it any, it would not come back up.

I sent it back to him he did a little cutting, releaving of the blades and it works great now.

My set up is the CMB valvola green head, pipe set at 8-1/8" measured from the center of the case to the fatest part/seam of the pipe.

The pipe is, from what I'm told the Russian K 21 pipe, also the same as the CMDi 21 fat pipe.

You can get the pipe from Jerry @ SeaDucer Boats.

On CMDi's website its called the Brown 21 fat pipe

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the input, this is one of 4 boats that I had to get ready this spring and this was the last one I have a 2 440 3's and a 2 to get S&B. I am going to try some different back cuts and tip cuts to try and reduce some transom lift. the 1614 appears to have too much blade area and I may cut it up some and try some things with it. I like doing prop work/tweeking probably as much as the racing...still learning though and I have to be careful I can ruin a lot of props if I get too carried away LOL.

I have always run a neutral setting on the strut and I assume this is still what works best, although my last 3.5 deaducer was set up sub surface and it ran best smack up against the bottom with a bit of positive and a 2 blade prather....ripped along quite well....till it hopped. Have you guys been getting some good speeds out of the hull?

Thanks

Kelly

Back