3.5 output shaft options

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe_Knesek

I've been running K&B output shafts on my son's LynxCK. What is the difference between the K&B & OS output shafts? Will the OS fit the Lawless & what other options are available?

I've been running K&B output shafts on my son's LynxCK. What is the difference between the K&B & OS output shafts? Will the OS fit the Lawless & what other options are available?
Joe,

Brian Nelsen also makes prop shafts.He made the ones on Grims old web site.Brian is also a member here,but his mail is

[email protected]

As far as Freds Lawless,I believe the OS doesen't fit the k&B pattern,but now he offers your choice of K&B or OS threads when you order new.

Last edited by a moderator:
The OS will not bolt to the Lawless. I would wonder why you would do that any way the OS lower is a great unit.

Joe.... Brian's output shafts are higher quality/tougher than the stock KB, which, I can wear out after a race, for sure..... as serious as a S/B prop was thought to be previous, it's a necessity to the extreme on these lowers.... the OS is a great piece, too, seemingly beefier than either, but, Im where youre at and my Lawless' are all KB, too..... somebody sold me a rebuild kit that Brian makes/sells, at the tunnel nats....... a current brainstorm, and some work has me dreaming up a ball bearing needle cage stub, trying to solve the "wear out the bushing" problem, lotsa questions and little time..... good luck..... get with Brian..... mike

Joe.... Brian's output shafts are higher quality/tougher than the stock KB, which, I can wear out after a race, for sure..... as serious as a S/B prop was thought to be previous, it's a necessity to the extreme on these lowers.... the OS is a great piece, too, seemingly beefier than either, but, Im where youre at and my Lawless' are all KB, too..... somebody sold me a rebuild kit that Brian makes/sells, at the tunnel nats....... a current brainstorm, and some work has me dreaming up a ball bearing needle cage stub, trying to solve the "wear out the bushing" problem, lotsa questions and little time..... good luck..... get with Brian..... mike

His site only lists them for a 7.5

Hyperperformance used to sell them with bearings.I purchased them about 3 years ago.I just went back to the site,and now there just bushed.But here is another option.

http://hyperprod.bizhosting.com/psa35.html

Joe,E-Mail Brian.He does both,3.5 and 7.5

Also consider, the Lawless strong arm flexshafts. A lot stronger than the K&Bs. I've been running one in my Lawless for over 6 months now with no trouble whatsoever. They can be purchased through Fred or you can contact James Clegg through here(topfuel443) or at www.ovalexpressracing.com.

~Mitch

Also consider, the Lawless strong arm flexshafts. A lot stronger than the K&Bs. I've been running one in my Lawless for over 6 months now with no trouble whatsoever. They can be purchased through Fred or you can contact James Clegg through here(topfuel443) or at www.ovalexpressracing.com.
~Mitch
Hot ROD GERAGHTY has put bearings in them. Brian Nelsons are just fine. Joe if you want to try one i have one i can send you....... PM me your address.......Mike

The OS will not bolt to the Lawless. I would wonder why you would do that any way the OS lower is a great unit.
Eric, What Walt forgot to mention is that Fred is offering the Lawless lowers with the option of using either the K&B or O.S. prop shafts. One now has a choice to use instead of being stuck using the K&B only. The O.S. powerhead will not bolt up yet, that I know of. Certain Fred would make a mount plate to do this if requested.

~Mitch
Hot ROD GERAGHTY has put bearings in them. Brian Nelsons are just fine. Joe if you want to try one i have one i can send you....... PM me your address.......Mike
Thanks Mike! Note sent.

~Mitch
Thanks Mike! Note sent.
I will mail it today

well I still have rebuild parts avialable but complete units are taking a bit longer than anticipated. I hope to have a full sellection at the internats this year.

Hey Joe got any of them fancy flow meters available? e-mail me please

Have a great day and keep the bottom side on the bottom

Brian

well I still have rebuild parts avialable but complete units are taking a bit longer than anticipated. I hope to have a full sellection at the internats this year.

Brian
Hi, Brian! I'm a designer and builder of smallest flow meters you can get.

If you interested, e-mail me please for info. The price is $160. Boris Mazor.

[email protected]. (901) 233-6110

Brian
You've got mail.

Back