3.5 outboards aussi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All will be Joining the MBCNSW this sunday. I have a bandit tunnel with the OS 21. also have 3 K&B 21s and a K&B 45 on a Jordo marine hull. I mainly run gas boats but the little tunnels look like a bunch of fun so thought id get one. Cheers Jay

Hi Jay, good on you mate, you are getting in to a fun class. The MBCNSW boys will look after you and be able to give you all the tips and advice you need.

Have fun!

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Jay,

I'll be there with my tunnels too, come and say hi and if you need any help with anything, lete know!

Tim

Welcome Jay to the MBCNSW!

And welcome to outboard racing!!! Great fun and very rewarding!

Cheers boys wont be running the little tunnel on sunday But ill come and say Hi. More of a gas bloke but the little tunnel class sounds like a good class. Might be a bit of of place and a thread jack but what servos are you guys using for the steering and throttle? Being a gas bloke Im not used to playing with these little servos. Would the savox SC-0352 be alright fro both steering and throttle?

Jay,

You should go for a steering servo with metal gears and a bit more torque.

The Hitec Hs 645MG is an example, that would probably be regarded as a minimum starting point. It has around 9kgs (133 oz) of torque on 6 volts.

The reason for stronger gears and more torque is the servo needs to control more weight and is subject to more stress than on a mono. Especially, when the boat flips and goes into the water backwards

Some people like to use quarter scale servos for steering on their Mod boats because of the stronger gears.

Had the Dragon 21with my Novarossi to 95km/h (ave through lasers at SAW) in full heat race trim and stuck to the water. Going to be some fun times ahead boys, so look out!

95 isnt that special but if you saw how wet it was running when doing it you can see the potential!

Cheers for that james. Ive had gas tunnels and im used to using the savox 40 kg digital servos and was thinking that the little tunnels being small and hardly in the water that hey would need such a large steering servo. no probs I have a couple of servos already to go into it. Shouldn't be long before its in the water

Yeah got most of it fixed. The paint has a blemish toward the rear of one of the sponsons but I'm not that fussed.

Latest posts

Back