3.5 outboards aussi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Aaron,

If MJ and I fly down with his boat for a weekend, could you loan us some starting gear and organise some fuel?

MJ,

It all depends on the conditions on the day. There is no point doing 10mph faster than the record in one direction if you can't turn it around and then go back the other way fast. The weather plays a big part as you know.

Tim,

you and Mark, can have full use of my work shop and parts, Tim you no what i'm on about ;)

and if there's room you both can crash at mine, plenty of room in that trailer lol

sure we can organize that.

regards Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Aaron!Will tee something up with you as the time gets nearer.

Tim.
Geday Tim. Hows things mate? its been a while hey. Im still living over in England. Ive been out of touch for ages now! I had a quick flick through the posts and it looks like a lot has changed since ive been around. I Still got me tunnel packed away ready for some abuse when I get back to OZ though;) Cant wait! TTYL. Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

Yeah - a few new faces as well as the old ones running in A O/B, and we are having a blast!

Come on out to the pond when you get back. It'll be just like old times only better.

Tim.

You Australian guys are slippin'!! You cant let this post get filed away on the second page!!

Somebody get on here and discuss some aussie tunnel stuff... Its fun to read, and Im gonna be speaking australian before you guys know it!

~James

Thanks James!

MBCofNSW (Penrith club) guys.

A week and a bit until the first club race day of the year! Hopefully as many of you as possible can make it! I will be there for certain.

James (kesso) and Ian (outlaw), I hope you guys are going to race those TS2's this year as they are both fast enough and you have done enough practice laps that you should know the course pretty well. Don't be frightened of racing - it's fun!

Should be a good chance to get some boats fine tuned for BotB.

Tim.

I'll be there Tim!

Do we get any open water before the racing commences? I would really like a chance to make sure the boat is going to run properly.

Alternatively, are there any places I can run the boat this Sunday? I'm thinking about going out to Narrabeen Lakes, but I would prefer a freshwater spot if you know of any?

Regards,

James

Dougie's aka Murray Walker!!!! new TS2 wil hit the water at Penrith on Sunday for the first time with stock TT power.

He's looking forward to it. With all the experts!!! there it will not take long to get it performing as the engine is run in

already. Hope its not too hot.

Brian

Hi Guys, I would like to socialize an idea around our current outboard classes.

Currently we run 2 classes.

A/OB Tunnel (in any .21 engine configuration, stock, sport or mod) and .

B/OB Tunnel (any .22 to .45 engine configuration, stock, sport or mod).

Clearly the A/OB class is the premier class in Australia, B/OB may get anywhere from 0-5 entries.

I have been thinking about the possibility of perhaps a new class, OPEN O/B Tunnel.

The rules are simple, run anything as long as the hull is a tunnel and the engine is an outboard. Nitro, Gas or Electric.

We currently have rules that forbid cross entry of the same boat in 2 classes, I believe that's a good rule and should stand.

We may have to think about sacrificing the B/OB class, but those boats could run in the open class, along with the electrics and gassers.

What are your thoughts?

Be Kind to Me Guys.

MJ

Clearly the A/OB class is the premier class in Australia, B/OB may get anywhere from 0-5 entries.

I have been thinking about the possibility of perhaps a new class, OPEN O/B Tunnel.

The rules are simple, run anything as long as the hull is a tunnel and the engine is an outboard. Nitro, Gas or Electric.

We currently have rules that forbid cross entry of the same boat in 2 classes, I believe that's a good rule and should stand.

We may have to think about sacrificing the B/OB class, but those boats could run in the open class, along with the electrics and gassers.

What are your thoughts?

Be Kind to Me Guys.

MJ
Hi

I think that would be a good idea so that there just isnt 3 or 4 in a class, even thou i am not aloud to race until i finish building our house ( but getting a good collection of boats) :( :( :(

Only problem is i need to find a tunnel boat for new 13cc kaaboom.

Already have my 7.5mod semipro almost finished

Just one other question,

I have a ts2 with a mac and lawless as power oohh plus a sailsbury pipe (infact its Dave's old boat)

I am in the process of making a few adjustments and cannot seem to get the motor with 0 degree angle.

I have set the height at 1/16 above running surface (is this about right?)

But i cannot seem to be able to level the motor.

Am i doing somthing wrong or should i run it with a little neg angle?

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:

What are your thoughts?

Be Kind to Me Guys.

MJ
Hi

I think that would be a good idea so that there just isnt 3 or 4 in a class, even thou i am not aloud to race until i finish building our house :( :( :(

Just one other question,

I have a ts2 with a mac and lawless as power oohh plus a sailsbury pipe (infact its Dave's old boat)

I am in the process of making a few adjustments and cannot seem to get the motor with 0 degree angle.

Jason
Jason,

A little negative angle is a good thing

Paul

What are your thoughts?

Be Kind to Me Guys.

MJ
Hi

I think that would be a good idea so that there just isnt 3 or 4 in a class, even thou i am not aloud to race until i finish building our house :( :( :(

Just one other question,

Jason
Jason,

A little negative angle is a good thing

Paul
Paul,

what dou you think about the "Open Outboard" idea?

Mark

I like the idea. Any way we can (1) increase participation at race events, and (2) reduce numbers of classes whilst increasing numbers in said class is a win - win situation. I'd prefer to race in a class with 10+ boats entered than 5.

A O/B Tunnel is fairly strong now and got sufficient entries at most sanctioned events in the last 12-18 months, but B O/B tunnel has struggled, and anything else has been non - existent with the 5 boat rule being in place. There are a few E O/B tunnels out there that currently have to run in Open Electric - this Open O/B class would suit them.

The only stipulation I'd put on it would be no cross entering a boat into another class.

Tim.

Latest posts

Back