3" .21 engine rails....gotta have 'em

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_laxmasta2039

3" .21 engine rails....gotta have 'em

hey guys,

with the arrival of my hot new REX .21 racing engine immenent [well, a couple weeks] i decided to make and install engine rails in my monohull- out comes the measuring tape and wadya know- the indentations from the strakes, a perfect place to install engine rails, with the slope of the hull everywhere else would be practically impossible, were 3" apart. does anyone know of any way to convert a 4" rail mount to fit 3" rails, or know of any .21 mounts that fit 3" rails?

any help, advice, consultation, guidance, forewarning, creative inspirations [aka stupid ideas], opinions, statements making fun of my predicament, etc. would be appreciated.

i would say thanks in advance but seeing "thanks in advance" often makes me feel like not trying to help someone just for assuming that they would get help so instead:

no seriously, i don't know what to do,

Joe

Re:3" .21 engine rails....gotta have 'em

I don't know of any soft mount that fit 3" rails. However Octura has a 3" U mount. I have been using it for my 21 size deep vee and mono. You will need to mill out the mounting pad to fit your engine.

Kez

The Precision-in-Perfection RPM motor mounts I sell are three inch mounts. I'll probably have them back in stock next week. Let me know if your interested and I'll order some extra one's.

Make your own just like these:

FloatChambers.jpg

Lax,

Andy Brown at CMDracing.com has a real nice motor mount.

And it will fit anything.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

The Hummingbird hydro uses a 3" mount call Jim Benns got to hummingbirdhydros.com and get the the number

The Speedmaster motor mount might be adjustable enough to fit in the 3" rails. If you can do without the isolated mount, use an Octura 3-30 motor mount with a little work.

Hey Joe, if you can't find anything you like, give me a call. ;)

thanks for the input guys, it sounds alot better than i thought-

i'd like to use a soft cushioned mount to reduce vibes and keep the electronics in good shape, i'll check out the CMD one though i've got a hunch the price'll be over my head- the hummingbird guys race at my club, i saw thier mounts at the last race, they look pretty nice, ditto with the Speedmaster. i just don't wanna end up getting one of the Speedmasters and have to mod it or the rails to fit......rcboats, can you give me some info on the RPM mounts?

PJ- i hear ya!

Joe

LAXmasta2039,

sorry it took so long to respond! I couldn't log on the last two days. The mounts are $28 plus $3.95 priority mail shipping if your in the USA.

Latest posts

Back