29" Aeromarine Titan Set-up

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scboatman00

Has anyone set-up an Aeromarine Tiatn (29") with a Nemisis 14XL, Hacker 77 ESC on 24 cells? I am thinking this set-up with the proper prop will take the boat into 40+ MPH. I know that there are some stability concerns. However, this hull appears to be manufactured for .21 nitro set-ups. I am assuming based on what I have been told by Nitro bubbas that .21 nitro run between 40-50 MPH on average. It seems to me that placing some extra weights in the boat will help with stability.

My goal is to race nitro monos ins the .21 class while utilizing what I already own WRT equipment.

Does anyone have any thoughts. Thanks in advance.

r,

SCboatman

Hi SC,

Tons of people run the Titan 29 on 12 and 18 cells in offshore, easy 40 plus for four minutes. I think I would run 18 cells in it myself. That's an easy boat to set up, the only handling problems I've seen is when their set up too loose. ;) The one I had for sprint racing was twisting a x450 and would chine walk a bit at the end of the straights but it was set up pretty loose and I new it was coming. I was running mid to upper 40s but the boat had a brushed motor. Never ran one with a BL setup so someone else may chime in on a combo for BL.

Paul.

Thank You.

Does anyone have a proven motor/esc/prop/battery set up that will allow the Titan to run in the 40+ range for 2 1/2 to 4 minutes.

Thank You in advane.

r,

SCboatman00

SCB

to race 3.5 nitro go with 18 cells - on a nitro oval the water is more likely to be rougher and your speeds higher - too much weight and too much power will make the baot unstable and a poor finisher. You may have noticed 3.5 recently migrated aacross to 32" hulls for the extra stability

a race setup for 29" hull and 12 cells for 40+ use a Neu 1515/1Y, 12 cells and a an X640 prop and castle 125

Last edited by a moderator:
in race water against 3.5's the Titan 40 or a Seaducer FE-33 might be a better choice with a Neu 1515 1.5Y on 18 cells and prop it to make the distance, like Andrew said, most 20 monos these days are 32" plus hulls...

a Titan 29 in race water running the in mid 40's might be a tad squirely... :blink:

Ron

I keep hearing go with the Titan 40. I was hoping to be able to use the Titan 29 to cut down on costs. If I migrate to the Titan 40, I have read that a Lehner 2250 with a Hacker 77 ECS would be good on 24 cells. Of course migrating to a Titan 40 or a Seducer 33 will open up the box for a lot more questions. What is a proven set-up for the Titan 40 that would allow for a run into 4 minutes and speeds of 40-50 MPH? Also, what kind of hardware could be used. I have a Fine Design Turbo Strut, Delux Rudder, medium turn fins and stabilizers. When I run against the Nitro bubbas I have been running Lipos to the equivalent of 24 cells.

Thanks for all of the replies.

v/r

SCboatman

SCB

a race setup for 29" hull and 12 cells for 40+ use a Neu 1515/1Y, 12 cells and a an X640 prop and castle 125

i agree with Andrew, this set-up in your Titan 29 would be a good one, you might even get away with a X642 with some fresh IB4200's...

sorry if my answer wasn't what you wanted to hear but i gave my honest opinion based on boat set-ups i've tested and run including a Titan 29...

Ron

Capt Ron,

I appreciate the posts. I travel so much that it is tough for me to get in the habit of trial and error; and dialing in.

v/r

SCboatman

SCB

i agree with Andrew, this set-up in your Titan 29 would be a good one, you might even get away with a X642 with some fresh IB4200's...

sorry if my answer wasn't what you wanted to hear but i gave my honest opinion based on boat set-ups i've tested and run including a Titan 29...

Ron

What is a proven set-up for the Titan 40 that would allow for a run into 4 minutes and speeds of 40-50 MPH?
Such a great boat. SO many options with a T40

13XL on a gear drive with 18 cells. 1.3:1 on an X450 detongued. I think that's what I was running. Might even turn a 452 on that.

2250/13 on a gear drive with 24 cells. 1.29:1 with a 455. Wicked sprinter for S mono. You could play with the gears to get more time. There are all kinds of direct drive setups that should work. That 14XL would probably work on 18 or 20 cells direct. Check with Fine. He and Danny run that hull themselves. Easy driver. No surprises at speed.

The 29 is awesome too but it will get flighty at about 45. In chop forget it. You'll be running in chop sounds like. The chime walk does get better if you can get the weight low in the boat. Still my favorite hull to play with.

Hacker or Nemesis 11XL on a turbo tranny 1.25 to1 gear ratio X648 prop 42 mph for 4 minute.Thats on 3300s.The other guys opinions sound good too.This set up held the Q offshore record and National championship for 3 years in a row.

Hacker or Nemesis 11XL on a turbo tranny 1.25 to1 gear ratio X648 prop 42 mph for 4 minute.Thats on 3300s.The other guys opinions sound good too.This set up held the Q offshore record and National championship for 3 years in a row.
Dinnis

Was that in a 29 or 40 Titan???

Larry

What is a proven set-up for the Titan 40 that would allow for a run into 4 minutes and speeds of 40-50 MPH?
Such a great boat. SO many options with a T40

13XL on a gear drive with 18 cells. 1.3:1 on an X450 detongued. I think that's what I was running. Might even turn a 452 on that.

2250/13 on a gear drive with 24 cells. 1.29:1 with a 455. Wicked sprinter for S mono. You could play with the gears to get more time. There are all kinds of direct drive setups that should work. That 14XL would probably work on 18 or 20 cells direct. Check with Fine. He and Danny run that hull themselves. Easy driver. No surprises at speed.

The 29 is awesome too but it will get flighty at about 45. In chop forget it. You'll be running in chop sounds like. The chime walk does get better if you can get the weight low in the boat. Still my favorite hull to play with.
What kind of speed control are you using for these set-ups? I have two Hacker 77's. If I am running a direct drive set-up Nemisis 14XL with a Hacker 77, 24 cells (3700's)....do I need to worry about pulling too much current through the ECS? (understand that prop size will effect part of this). Would this set-up allow for a 40-50 MPH for 3-4 minutes worth of run time?

I've spent a lot of money on what I have and I always seem to not get what I am looking for. I keep referring to Nemisis 14 Xl and Hacker 77 ESC because that is what I have and that is what I am hoping to re use.

Thanks ALL for the replys.

r,

SCBoatman00

The Hacker 77 esc should work perfectly. I use that controller for my 12-cell and 18-cell offshore boats.

For my 18-cell Q offshore cat, I use a Hacker 77 esc and a Hacker 13XL direct drive with 18 cells and a X440 prop. The Hacker 13XL (1214 rpm/v) is very close in Kv to the Nemesis 14XL (1191 rpm/v). I think you have the parts right now for a perfect Q offshore setup - Titan 29, 18 cells, Nemesis 14XL direct, Hacker 77 esc, starting with a X440 prop for 4 minutes. If you need less than 4 minutes, raise the prop size incrementally. Run this setup once to check temperatures to gauge what prop to try next.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back