.21 valvola engine question.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do agree that it could be hotter and on the topic of getting a cleaner burn....

I noticed i always have a LOT of oil residue on the rear behind the exhaust outlet of the boat after each run and the engine is so cool you can grab it anywhere and hold on ..

like i said about 100 -110 degrees or so.

Would restricting the water flow somewhere along the pickup line be a reasonable way to experiment before i decided to restrict the hole in the rudder with dolder or set screws like some of the guys do ??

I saw where one member commented that he only had a fine mist coming from his outlet.i had that initially but it scared me.

I had a few engine issues last year as a rank newbie and am trying to err on the side of caution. ;)

I will get the temp up next time and let you know how it goes..

terry

Terry,

A simple zip-tie just above the pressure fitting in the top of the rudder blade should do the trick. Start with one click past "first contact", and tighten it up one click every run until the engine temp comes up to where, like Don F. said, you can only hold the water jacket for a second or two. Try to do this temp reading as quickly as possible and don't let the boat set it the water too long, as the water can suck the heat out of an engine VERY quickly, leading you to believe that the engine is cooler than it really is (was...)

It also sounds like you may be running WAY too rich or maybe a leak in your exhaust coupler. A "failed" exhaust coupler can have you pulling your hair out if you don't catch it.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

I would like to thank all that have helped me I have the ssp21 working well now ,not blowing off, working well at 1/2-WOT no problems .

I am still running the 35% nitro a mc59 plug that is pulling the element a tad and am getting good throttle response.

I tried some of the props that have been suggested X437/3 or the x438/2 or the m 440 all work pretty well with the x438 being the best.

If i give it a good launch and nail the throttle she is up on pipe/plane and off she runs very well or if you come almost to a complete stop and nail the throttle she will cavitate and then pipe up and plane out and off she goes.

The only little issue is if she is milling around at aprox 1/2 throttle or less she does not like to pipe up unless I turn hard one way or the other and she will cavitate and off she screams.Or is i back way out of the throttle and hit it ,,,off she goes.

I can live with this seeing how I had so many problems during my initial testing.I may play with the pipe but it is pulling the element a bit and I have been told that is a good thing.

For those who helped on the other post about blowing off ,,that problem was cured with 3 oz added to the inside of each sponson.Not pretty but it worked very well with no noticable speed decrease.

Now i have been able to help my fried with his prop issues and his was working great until and ugly incident with the shore

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE .I APPRECIATE IT.

Terry

Latest posts

Back