21 Seaducer 2 setup help!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasoncsc

Hi guys,

I just took a newly assembled 21 Seaducer 2 to the pond today. It is being setup as surface drive, with cg set at 1/3 from the back at empty tank. As the boat pick up speed, it rocks left and right on the straight, and during turns it tends to slide sideways. The rocking and sliding got worst to make the boat getting hard to control when the new engine gradually pick up power. In one case it ate its own wake and overturned. What can I do to enhance the handling?

Regards,

Jason

If you have the directions for the boat, follow them to the letter! Jerry spent a lot of time getting it right.

The problem is chine walking, usually from the strut being a tad too low. Raise it up to see if that helps.

Dear Ron,

No I do not have the instructions. The hull is a gift from a friend whom have no use of it. I will try raising the strut a bit to see if that helps. Thanks a lot for your tip.

Regards,

Jason

I would send Jerry a email, His sight is www.seaducerboats. com. and ask him to send some directions out to you. Like ron said, hes spent alot of time setting these boats up, and you must follow it to the T. and it will run like its on rails.

you might have to add a little turn fin, they do like to spin out on hard turns.

NT

Dear NT,

Thanks for the direction, but the site said the whole crew is on vacation till mid Sept.....

Well I have my CG set at 11 3/4s from center of glow plug to back of (outside) of transum.

Drive has about +1 degree from neutral position.

Running ducer rudder, 3 1/4 long.

I do have the small turn fins cause it spun.

I only have it chin walk when tank is about empty.

and i know its time to refuel.

what prop are you running and what motor?

Dear NT,

Thank you very much for your setup figures. :)

I run a OS 21 RZM with a CMB tuned pipe and Octura 440/3 prop. I run speedmaster rudder currently at 3 5/8 long and did not run any tabs and fins. I checked by eyes and the tip of the shaft is currently a bit pointing towards the water, with the bottom of the strut a little bit lower than the hull bottom.

Best way to check the strut, it take a streight edge and run it down the hull out the back and you will know, and then go a max about 1 degree up.

this hull you do NOT NEED Trim tabs, the hull is hooked so you dont need them.

turn fins, ;D I would say yes, helps in turns.

if set up right, should act like its on rails around a corner with full throttle.

NT

Dear NT,

Thanks once again for the tip. Will setup the struts as per your suggestions and try.

Back